Complaint Review: MWH Pubic Relations - Doris Martin Barrow, III

• Updated: Tue, June 04, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — New York United States of America
MWH Pubic Relations - Doris Martin Barrow, III
1 Riverway Houston, Texas United States of America

MWH Pubic Relations - Doris Martin Barrow, III Doris Barrow, Doris M.Barrow, Makeda Group & Associates Doris M. Barrow MWH Public Relations - Beware - Con-man Scam Artist Extroirdinaire - Beware Of Doing Any Business With Him Houston, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Statement of Clarification

CLIENTS & VENDORS BEWARE OF EMPTY PROMISES!!

I had entered and Agreement With Doris M Barrow of MWH Public Relations in Houston TX. (Doris is a male)  as well as Margo Handy Williams or Margo E. Williams the principal of MWH Public Relations.

Doris Contacted me thru linkedin and contracted with my company to provide SMS services for a sizable government contract MWH Public Relations had with the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA).  As I said it was a sizable contract and more that they were able to fund as the TDA pays 30 days from invoice. Doris & Margo both begged that we help them out and promised to pay the balance (over $20K) as soon as payment arrives in 30 days. We drew up agreements as well as personal guarantees as well as promising their first born blah blah.

They were promoting a Summer Food program that the TDA was doing over the summer of 2012 and one of the services they were to provide was to send out nearly 1 million SMS messages in the state of Texas to individuals that they swore and signed off were people who opted in to receive this message from the department of Agriculture.  We later found out they simply purchased bulk phone numbers to basically SMS spam the state of Texas.

The campaigns were sent out and my company got numerous SPAM  complaints and even had our SMS service temporarily suspended. None the less their messages all got delivered on time. 30 days after invoice came and went with no word from them. When I contacted them they said their was an error in their government application and payment would be delayed another 2-3 weeks. Well, this series of LIES and empty promises kept going on thru December and after months of waiting with their God-fearing promise after promise we are still owed over $20K.

I am a single dad with 4 children. Both Doris and Margo were aware of this as this was something I made them aware I could not afford to go past the 30 days as I also had to pay for the costs of the SMS messages up front, but did so in good faith - shame on me and a tough lesson learned and myself and my children suffered for it.

I am not one to publicly bash anyone as this is not my style however the thought of Doris and Margo from MWH Public Relations Ripping anyone else off with their holier-than-thou bullsh* that Doris M Barrow III and Margo E Williams from MWH Public relations dishes out to their clients and vendors. - BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2013 07:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWH-Pubic-Relations-Doris-Martin-Barrow-III/Houston-Texas-/MWH-Pubic-Relations-Doris-Martin-Barrow-III-Doris-Barrow-Doris-MBarrow-Makeda-Group-1016448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWH Pubic Relations - Doris Martin Barrow, III

Statement of Clarification

AUTHOR: Doris Barrow - ()

Year to date, and what is not captured in the report is that:

Invoices Paid: 19

Total Paid: $15,889.05

Balance Due: 2 invoices totaling $18,953.93

MWH Public Relations was contacted numerous times to settle, but it is the intent of the firm to pay them the remaining balance in full.

These are the facts and we have absolutely no issues providing full disclosure to any current/new/potential client or vendor. Period.