Complaint Review: MWI Connections

• Reported By:Murfreesboro TN
MWI Connections
mwiconnections.com , U.S.A.

MWI Connections ripoff theft

I discovered a charge on my bank debit card by this company. I had never even heard of them and my bank had no info about the charge or the company except their name and the amount they took from my account.

I found them on the internet, got their phone number and called to find out why they had taken my money. They of course gave me the run around saying I had signed up for some free trial membership (by the way the couldn't tell me what I was supposed to be a member of by paying this money) and didn't cancel within 30 days.

The $109.95 debit resulted in $200 in bounced check fees on my account. I told them I had never heard of them so couldn't have possibly signed up for anything. I demanded my money back - the $109.95 and the $200 - and told them if I didn't get it they would be hearing from my attorney.

I don't know how these companies get away with this. It just amazes me that it was that easy for them. I don't even know how they got my check card number - which of course I had to cancel because I have no idea who else has it.

I have since gotten all my money back after a wonderful man at my bank did whatever it was he had to do. However, I am disgusted that this occurs so frequently that there is a massive web-site dedicated to reports of this happening to people. This must be stopped!

Caryn
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2002 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Connections//MWI-Connections-ripoff-theft-24074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI Connections