- Report: #120836
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: MWI Essentials Plus
MWI Essentials Plus9500 West Dodge Road Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.
MWI Essentials, MWI Essentials Plus Tips for MWI rip-off! They have many aliases - here's a list and some tips to help you. Omaha Nebraska
24 Assist - Canada
American Express Health Services
Card Protect Plus - Canada
Cardmember Protection Service
Countrywide Dental & Health
First USA CWD
Home & Garden Rewards
Lifestyles Rewards - Canada
MKS Simple Escapes 2
Quick Assist - Canada
Sears Health Connections
Simple Escapes 2
Travel Club AMEX
Travel Source - Canada
ValueMax - Canada
I was almost fooled by MWI Essentials Plus. My story is too long to tell you in detail, but here is what I learned. Take advantage of these tips if you get a credit card charge from this company or one of it's 3 dozen or so aliases:
1) Call them and ask for a FULL refund. Their phone number appears on your CC statement.
2) When you call, they will open a box of tricks on you. First, they may tell you that their computer is down. If so, call back the next business day. Then they will try to convince you that their program is worthy, they will try to cross-sell you (that is why they have all those aliases...), they will try to give you extra coupons for free gas, travel, etc. Politely refuse all of this crap, insist on cancellation and a FULL refund. It is important to stress a full refund; if you fail to do so, they will give you a prorated refund (which means you will have to call back for the rest..).
4) If you have more than one charge on your CC, most likely under one of the aliases listed above, do the same for each individual charge. If there are two charges, you are "enrolled" in two different programs, and you have to cancel each separately.
5) Write down the name and company ID of the person you talk with. They will give you that info both at the start and at the end of the conversation.
6) Most of all: be persistent. It may take several phone calls, but you will get your money back. Do not give up (that is what they want you to do...).
You may wonder how MWI got your credit card (and other) data in the first place. Very simple: they bought it from your credit card company! Credit card companies are allowed to do this, unless you specifically opt out. Call your credit card company, and tell them that you don't want them to share your data with their business partners.
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2004 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Essentials-Plus/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/MWI-Essentials-MWI-Essentials-Plus-Tips-for-MWI-rip-off-They-have-many-aliases-heres-120836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.