Complaint Review: MWI Galleria USA

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, September 13, 2004

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
MWI Galleria USA
P.O. Box 24228, Omaha NE Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

MWI Galleria USA Rip-off! Unauthorized charges to debit card by info from Restaurant.com Omaha Nebraska

I recently reviewed my banking statement to find a charge from this company. I had never heard from them before, but was open to the possibility that the charge could be legit. I called the number listed in the bank statement entry and was forwarded to someone who was disconcertingly eager to minimize the amount of conversation we shared. I cancelled the "alleged" account and hung up. Then I found this website.

Upon reading the excessive amounts of unauthorized charges that this company has inflicted upon innocent people, I called back insisting that I get a refund. They have no tangible evidence of registration other than informing me of a progression of mouse clicks made on my computer. When asked how they would get my banking information, I was informed that once the pop-up showed on my computer, I opted to receive a membership. They then received my information via Restaurants.com, a company with which the only previous experience I had was through eBay. Neither company was authorized to use my information. However, I was only refunded the last month's subscription fee.

PLEASE, people, I IMPLORE you to check your bank statements THOROUGHLY and thoroughly consider and reconsider all transactions done via the Internet. I am appalled that this company is even still in business.

Tasha
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Galleria-USA/Omaha-Nebraska/MWI-Galleria-USA-Rip-off-Unauthorized-charges-to-debit-card-by-info-from-Restaurantcom-O-108121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI Galleria USA