Complaint Review: MWI Homeworks Plus

• Submitted: Fri, June 25, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 25, 2004

• Reported By:Garfield Hts Ohio
MWI Homeworks Plus
9 West Broad Street Stanford, Connecticut U.S.A.

MWI Homeworks Plus Credit Card Scam "Enrolling" Me for Their "Services" Because I Did Not "Cancel" within 30 Days of Whenever They Stole My Information and Failed to Contact Me in Any Way Whatsoever Stanford Connecticut

I checked my credit card statemement because the major balance had been paid off and it should have been just my monthly internet charge. I found a charge for MWI Homeworks Plus, and went online to research what in the world it was. Numerous sites, including this one and www.consumeraffairs.com, www.thecomplaintstation.com, www.troubleshooter.com, etc., litsted hundreds (maybe thousands) of complaints from consumers about MWI, in its various forms.

My husband and I followed the suggestions listed on this site, and the credit card company told us to contact the MWI company to notify them of the disputed claims. When my husband called, he spoke with one representative, then was transferred to Felicia (ID# 3906), who stated their company got our information from an infomercial (total crap), and that we were contacted by a representative and told to cancel within 30 days or we would be charged $14.95/month. We were never contacted by phone, mail or email.

We disputed and demanded a full refund...Felicia said she was only authorized to refund the last 2 months...we had a total of $134.55 sucked out of our account! When we threatened to contact the Ohio Attorney General, she hung up on us.

We have since filed a dispute for all 9 months of charges with our credit card company, filed a Consumer Complaint with Jim Petro (Ohio Attorney General), and sent copies of a modified sample letter (available on this site) to the credit card company, the Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission.

I read about a pending class-action lawsuit in California. Please let me know if we have enough people in Ohio to also file against this company. Something has to be done to stop them. I will be sending out mass emails warning people of this company and its scams in the hopes to raise people's awareness of this fraud.

Garfield Hts, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2004 09:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Homeworks-Plus/Stanford-Connecticut-06902/MWI-Homeworks-Plus-Credit-Card-Scam-Enrolling-Me-for-Their-Services-Because-I-Did-Not-96392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI Homeworks Plus