Complaint Review: MWI Premier Health / Girls Gone Wild

• Submitted: Wed, January 22, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, January 24, 2003

• Reported By:Nampa Idaho
MWI Premier Health / Girls Gone Wild
9500 W Dodge Rd Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

MWI Premier Health, Girls Gone Wild UNAUTHORIZED debit of $139.95 from MWI Premier Health rip-off thieves Omaha Nebraska

*Author of original report: Still brewing over my findings

Today (1-22-03) I made a phone call to my bank to see what checks had cleared my account. Upon doing this, I discovered a $139.95 debit that cleared the day before (1-21-03), so I hit "0" to talk to an account specialist to see what this charge was. In talking to the specialist she said the debit was made by MWI PREMIER HEALTH with a phone # of 877-879-5258.

I hung up with by bank and proceded to call the # given to me since I had never hear of this company and NEVER authorized this charge. When I called, after waiting for about 15 minutes listening to their dental, medical, and pharmacy discount plans they offered, I told the person I discovered their charge they had placed through my debit card # for the amt of 139.95 and want it reversed since I had NEVER even heard of them and NEVER authorized the debit.

After giving the person my name and phone #, she said the computer was pulling my info, and put me on hold. After being on "hold" for another 10-15 minutes I realized she had hung up on me. I called back. When I did this I could never get a hold of a "live" person and the phone automation said my account had been closed. How did it get opened in the first place? When am I going to get my $$$?

So I called my bank, again, and told them to dispute this charge. Meanwhile, I got curious and turned to the internet to see what I could find on this so-called company. That's when I found simular stories. So, I called my bank, again, and told then to cancel my debit card. My decission to have them re-issue a debit card was because of the multiple stories I read of people having, instead of just one charge, but multiple charges down the road.

After reading these multiple situations from different people made me think back a little farther. On 12-14-02 I ordered the "girls gone wild" DVD's from a T.V. comercial as a gag gift for my father-in-law. When I ordered these I called the 800 # given on T.V. (800-520-3838) and used my debit card!!!

This is the only place my debit card # could have come from. So, did they "sell" my card # to MWI Premier Health????

Leslie
Nampa, Idaho

CLICKE HERE ...*EDitor's NOTICE ..MWI Lawsuit filed

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2003 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Premier-Health-Girls-Gone-Wild/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/MWI-Premier-Health-Girls-Gone-Wild-UNAUTHORIZED-debit-of-13995-from-MWI-Premier-Healt-42470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI Premier Health / Girls Gone Wild

Still brewing over my findings

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

Still brewing over my findings, I decided to call MWI Premier Health again to see HOW they got my information. After speaking to a supervisor (ID # 4845), I was informed that when I ordered from an infomercial (my "gag" gift from GGW- Girls Gone Wild) they had enrolled me in a "free" 30 day trial with MWI Premier Health and that if I didn't cancel within the 30 days, I would be charged.

Funny thing is, I don't remember them mentioning MWI Premier Health AT ALL & I DID cancel on 12/23/02 when I called GGW to complain about my 3-4 day shipping I paid for, but received my package 9 days from the day I ordered (12/14/02).

I was then credited the shipping amount. During that same phone call (a long distance call, because their 800 # given out on the comercial only goes to a "call center" to take orders)I asked them to CANCEL my subscription with them, which somehow did not get done. So, I made another (long distance)phone call today to GGW to have my subsciption canceled, again!

In the end, I THINK this is all being taken care of with both companies... I HOPE!!