Complaint Review: MWI Simple Escapes - classmates.com - AOL

• Updated: Tue, October 05, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
MWI Simple Escapes - classmates.com - AOL
www.simpleescap.com Internet U.S.A.

MWI Simple Escapes Rip-off! It seems as if companies like Classmates and AOL are giving away our account information without our knowledge. Houston Internet

I checked my bank account online today (10/05/04) like I always do, except to find a pending charge from MWI* Simple Escapes for $9.95, followed by the above listed phone number. The name sounded familiar but I knew that I had never purchased anything from them. I then realized that I recognized the name from my classmates.com membership. I called my bank immediately and they told me there was nothing they could do until the transaction posted my account. Only problem is, if it posts along with my other pending transactions, I will be overdrawn.

I then attempted to call the number they listed only to get a recording asking for my phone number to cancel my membership that I never ordered and no way to speak to a real live person. I cancelled it, but I still want my money back. As I browsed through here, I realized that I was not the only one that this had happened to. It seems as if companies like Classmates and AOL are giving away our account information without our knowledge.

I also found many other numbers to call regarding refunds and all were either the same recording as the first number, or "no longer in service". Also, the website doesn't even exist and you can't even find them in a Google search. Something needs to be done about this! This company is stealing thousands of dollars from unsuspecting people with no chance at getting their money back. All I'm hoping is that my bank will refund my money, but that won't help any overdraft fees I have to pay because of this!

Megan
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2004 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Simple-Escapes-classmatescom-AOL/internet/MWI-Simple-Escapes-Rip-off-It-seems-as-if-companies-like-Classmates-and-AOL-are-giving-aw-111527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI Simple Escapes - classmates.com - AOL