Complaint Review: MWI SimpleEscapes

• Submitted: Thu, August 26, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 26, 2004

• Reported By:Sidney Nebraska
MWI SimpleEscapes
PO BOX 24250 Nationwide U.S.A.

MWI Simple Escapes, MWI Essentials ripoff, fraud, Visa Card Fraud, telemarketer HAD my Debit Card Number before he called! Nationwide

A telemarketer called with an offer to send out a $50 gift card from WalMart in exchange for sending me an information package on memberships to MWI Essentials and MWI Simple Escapes. He said I would not have to pay for the membership until I looked it over and decided to take it or to cancel it.

I did not give him any credit card or checking account information...but he already had it!! He gave me a 4 digit number to write down and told me to repeat it back when he asked me to after reading the explanation of each offer. There was a beep each time I said it and I got suspicious.

Then it dawned on me it was the last 4 digits of my Visa Debit card number. He was tricking me into saying that number so that they could dub it into their own recording!! I confronted him but he said it was just a random number. I told him to CANCEL anything he had done and hung up.

The charges posted to my account 3 weeks later. RIP OFF!!

Eileen
Sidney, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2004 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-SimpleEscapes/nationwide/MWI-Simple-Escapes-MWI-Essentials-ripoff-fraud-Visa-Card-Fraud-telemarketer-HAD-my-Deb-105549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI SimpleEscapes