• Submitted: Wed, February 26, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, February 26, 2003

• Reported By:gananoque Ontario
http://memberworks.com/ , Internet, Canada U.S.A.

MWI VALUEMAX CANADA rips off Canadians without fear of punishment Internet

In my Feb. 19, 2003 American Express Card statement, a charge for $165. to "MWI Valuemax Canada 800-847-7860" dated 10 Feb. appeared. I called the number and was informed I had received a membership in their club when I made an unrelated internet purchase in March 2002. I denied this but he ignored me and said it was a fact, that I had accepted their offer and that they had explained the consequences of the deal to me then. He refused to refund the money.

This group of companies has a lengthy history of defrauding U.S. citizens, resulting in several punitive court judgements including a Nebraska case with national effect, forcing this company to return funds taken from consumers without their knowledge or permission (in at least a couple of states, they have to refund DOUBLE the victim's money!)

In Canada, I know of no protection for consumers such as myself. The first Canadian link I found was to a Better Business Bureau site, where they gave a favourable review of one "Lifestyle Rewards". I was distressed to find that Canadians will be sucked-in and have not even the BBB to turn to, while our cousins to the South have immense consumer protection resources at their disposal.

I may have to cancel my credit card to avoid further illicit transactions. I don't know if I will ever see that $165. again.

Among other names, this company apparently operates as:

Lifestyle Rewards
MoneyMaster Sears Health Connections
Sears PremierHealth
Sears PremierHealth Trends
Travel Arrangements

and probably starts up new ones as quickly as the old ones become known!

Gananoque, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2003 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-VALUEMAX-CANADA/Internet-Canada/MWI-VALUEMAX-CANADA-rips-off-Canadians-without-fear-of-punishment-Internet-47141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI VALUEMAX CANADA