Complaint Review: MWI - Valuemax, MemberWorks Incorporated

• Submitted: Sun, April 27, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2003

• Reported By:Colorado Springs Colorado
MWI - Valuemax, MemberWorks Incorporated
9500 W Dodge Rd Omaha, NE 68114, Nebraska U.S.A.

MWI Valuemax, MemberWorks Incorporated Credit Card fraud, theft, unauthorized charges consumer fraud ripoff Omaha, Nebraska

*Author of original report: got MWI off my back but they refunded money

This company is a hidden viper if you try to order goods off of TV infomercials. Ordering anything puts you into a membership that they do not tell you about. The first 90 days are free then it is $119.95 a year. They charge your credit card but you receive no corresponding services, no mailings, catalogs, etc.

My wife ordered the "AB-SLIDER" in August of 2001 and we're still fighting this company! I read the fine print and cancelled twice in 2001 before the 90 period was up and they still charged me. My credit card company appears to be sympathetic to their cause but I'm going to the Attorney General of my state and the Federal Gov't. MWI* Valuemax is one name of about 20 this criminal enterprise goes by. See this link for all this companies information: http://www.heartlandbbb.org/Reliability_Report.asp?compid=7000028

Ralph
Colorado Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2003 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI-Valuemax-MemberWorks-Incorporated/Omaha-NE-68114-Nebraska-68114/MWI-Valuemax-MemberWorks-Incorporated-Credit-Card-fraud-theft-unauthorized-charges-cons-54663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI - Valuemax, MemberWorks Incorporated

got MWI off my back but they refunded money

AUTHOR: Ralph - (U.S.A.)

Maybe I'm just lucky but my letter not only got MWI off my back but they refunded money they stole in 2001 also. I had threatened to send copies to the Attorney General of Colorado and the Attorney General of the US if they did not resolve this in my favor.