Complaint Review: MWI

• Updated: Tue, March 01, 2011

• Reported By: Michelle — Fairfield Connecticut United States of America
MWI
9500 West Dodge Road 4764 Ste 100 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

MWI Homeworksplus, Connections, BDI Kids, Family Adventures unauthorized charges for Homeworkplus, Connections, BDI Kids Omaha, Nebraska

MWI (aka Homeworksplus, Connections, BDI Kids) billed my credit card, unbeknownst to my husband or me. They claim that my credit card company gave them my number, and when we didn't opt out of their junk mail, they start billing the card.  They claim my husband has his own account with them and so do I, so they billed our card bi-annually.  The charges were different for each of us, and at different times of the year.  Every year (yes, it has been going on since 2001!  Shame on me for not noticing) the bi-annual fees fluctuated between 99.95 and the highest of 229.95 when I finally noticed it.  We have never used the services and never agreed to this either verbally or with any other kind of contract.  Unfortunately, I don't have records before 1/05, but I do for 1/05 and on... a whopping $2819.05!  I am one of many who was scammed by this rip-off company.  I encourage anyone else who has to contact the BBB and Consumer Affairs to shut them down!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2011 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/MWI-Homeworksplus-Connections-BDI-Kids-Family-Adventures-unauthorized-charges-for-Home-701375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI