Complaint Review: MWI

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 24, 2003

• Reported By:key largo Florida
1 City Blvd. West, Ste. 401 Orange, Connecticut U.S.A.

MWI Aka 24 Protect Plus & Simple Escapes Sold my info to another company which in turn charged an unauthorized $140 to my credit card Orange Connecticut

Looked at my credit card bill today, only to find $139 charged to it from some company called Simple Escapes. Never heard of them, so i called and they said we had signed up for it (we did NOT) and that they couldn;t tell us where they had gotten my credit card number until I got hostile with them.

The manager said they got our information from 24 Hour Protect (they called and I signed up to receive a $25 gift certificate from Wal-Mart under the agreement that I could cancel as soon as I received the card and owe nothing.) I called and cancelled after I received my ripoff, no good Wal-Mart "gift certificate" and supposedly it was cancelled.

Today I open my bill only to see where they gave my information to another company who had charged $139 for something I have no idea about and completely without my concent! isn't that illegal for someone to give your credit card info to another company, and then steal your money for which you didn't sign anything permitting them to do so?

They said they will credit it back (we'll see) but I am still furious that my info is floating around out there and no telling who else I am providing for unknowingly!

key largo, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2003 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI/Orange-Connecticut/MWI-Aka-24-Protect-Plus-Simple-Escapes-Sold-my-info-to-another-company-which-in-turn-cha-64576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI