Complaint Review: MWI

• Updated: Fri, February 06, 2004

• Reported By:Westland Michigan
www.essentials123.com Nationwide U.S.A.

MWI "Essentials Plus" ripoff Internet

I check my online banking statement every day, because I am on a fixed income and need to be careful about my purchases. Today, I went online and saw a charge to "MWI Essentials" for $149.95. I called my bank (Bank One) and asked them about the charge.

They said the number to call (to question the charge) was: 877-244-8258. I called the number and the woman I spoke with said that she had been given my name and charge account # by "someone" (she would not reveal who), who said that I was interested in signing up for some "savings club" (I suspect it was from the item I purchased over the phone for an Ab-Swing, which I saw on TV - this was WAY back, over 6 mos. ago).

Anyway, the MWI Essentials person feigned sympathy and said that she would take the charge off my statement "within 2 days", because I informed her that I was going to report the fraudaulent activity to the Attorney General in Michigan immediately. I'll check my bank in 2 days and if a credit has not been issued, I will ask my bank to dispute this charge. I have learned a very hard lesson from this, and will NEVER order over the phone again!!! Thank you for whatever you can do to shut this place down and put it out of business.

Westland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2004 03:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWI/nationwide/MWI-Essentials-Plus-ripoff-Internet-79503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI