Complaint Review: MWI*Simple Escapes

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2003

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
MWI*Simple Escapes
www.simpleescapes.com Stamford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Simple Escapes, MWI*Simple Escapes, MKS Simple Escapes 2, MMI Simple Escapes, RIPOFF! Simple Escapes is a scam con-artist, fraudulent business I found on the internet. They've screwed others, and now they're trying to do it to me. Stamford Connecticut

*Author of original report: They refunded my money!

*Author of original report: Information regarding Member Works, Inc.

*Author of original report: Complaint filed with Better Business Bureau

*Author of original report: ILLEGAL CHARGE!

I found Simple Escapes through another website. I clicked on it because it offered a $25.00 Gift Card to K-Mart. I went to close the window because I wasn't interested, but then got a pop-ip window that said they'd give me 2 $25.00 Gift Cards. I thought, ok, I'll do it, get the information and the Gift Cards. It was for a 30-day trial period anyway so I could always cancel. This was on May 27, 2003.

I never received the membership kit in the mail. I called them on June 18, 2003 to tell them I never received it, and they were going to send another one out to me via US Postal Mail.

I checked my checking account today (June 25, 2003) and learned that they'd already charged the $14.95 monthly membership fee to my account, which made my account become overdrawn.

I called them at 1-877-836-6903 and spoke to a CSR and his supervisor. I was told that they would cancel my account and refund the $14.95, but that as per their policy, they are not responsible for any overdrawn bank charges on memberships that are bought over the Internet. I told her this was not acceptable, and asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me to fax Consumer Affairs at 402-661-2198, which has been trying to go through now for almost 30 minutes.

I will update this as I get more information, but I plan on filing a claim wiht the Better Business Bureau when I'm done here. I'm also thinking of creating a website that will warn others. Contact me if you have anything to add, or can think of anything else I can do. Thanks!

Kelly
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2003 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWISimple-Escapes/Stamford-Connecticut-not-listed/Simple-Escapes-MWISimple-Escapes-MKS-Simple-Escapes-2-MMI-Simple-Escapes-RIPOFF-Sim-61777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI*Simple Escapes

They refunded my money!

YEAH!!!!!

They refunded my overdraft fees yesterday! All I did was stay on top of them. I called them and faxed them about every other day or so. I also sent letters to each Member Works office by US Mail.

Do whatever you can, say whatever you have to.

Thanks!

Information regarding Member Works, Inc.

Corporate Headquarters:

Montreal, Canada H3A 2N4

WEBSITE: www.memberworks.com
Phone # that I called 1-877-836-6903
FAX: 1-402-661-2198

I got their website from the Better Business Bureau when I filed my complaint.

Complaint filed with Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today also. While doing so, I found a website for either Simple Escapes' parent company or an affiliate. It is www.memberworks.com, Corporate Offices:
Headquarters
680 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
(203) 324-7635

I sent them an email also. I'm going to call this phone number also.

ILLEGAL CHARGE!

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to add that they charged my account prior to my 30-day trial period being up. THIS IS ILLEGAL!