Complaint Review: MWI*simple Escapes2; MWI*galleria Usa

• Submitted: Sun, June 27, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, July 14, 2004

• Reported By:Luthersburg Pennsylvania
MWI*simple Escapes2; MWI*galleria Usa
MWI*simple escapes2; MWI*galleria usa Nationwide U.S.A.

MWI*simple Escapes2; MWI*galleria Usa ripoff dishonest charges added to my charge account Nationwide, USA

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit Card Fraud

*Consumer Comment: I have been scammed for $139.95 for what?

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit Card Fraud

I have received 2 charges on my credit card on 6/22/2004, for $1.00 each from MWI* SIMPLE ESCAPES2, and MWI*GALLERIA USA. I have notified my credit account that I dispute these two charges.
I have no idea how these people got my credit card information.
Currently I am disputing these charges with my account.

Teri
Luthersburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2004 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MWIsimple-Escapes2-MWIgalleria-Usa/nationwide/MWIsimple-Escapes2-MWIgalleria-Usa-ripoff-dishonest-charges-added-to-my-charge-account-96604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MWI*simple Escapes2; MWI*galleria Usa

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I noticed charges on my credit card statements with the description MWI * Galleria USA. I called the number on my statement (1-800-411-8104) and I spoke to someone about the nature of the charges. I was told that it was an online discount program to malls and retail stores.

I asked them to cancel the membership and refund the charges for the last three months. They refused. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges and apparently, I did not have to be responsible for the charges and they removed the charges from my credit card account and they blocked any further charges from this company.

I suggest that anyone who has been ripped off by Member Works, Inc. should dispute the charges with the Card company.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Lisa - (U.S.A.)

I have been scammed for $139.95 for what?

AUTHOR: RALPH - (U.S.A.)

I've been scammed!! I have been charged $139.95 for what? I have unauthorized use/charges to my visa and have no idea who or what this galleria usa is or does. I am an honest hard working man and don't appreciate my money being stolen/scammed.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

There was an earlier post about companies that charge to credit cards without the knowledge of the consumer. A response to that post indicated that those companies should be repoarted as commiting credit card fraud. I agree that you should dispute these charges with your credit card company, but I would agree that you should contact the credit card company and file a fraud report.