Complaint Review: MX Energy

• Submitted: Thu, February 09, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 09, 2012

• Reported By: DoNotTreadonMe — Passaic New Jersey United States of America
MX Energy
P.O. Box 8127, Stamford, CT 06905-8127 Passaic, New Jersey United States of America

MX Energy Unethical Tactics & Misrepresentation Passaic, New Jersey

Had a visit from two individuals (one wore an ID reading MXEnergy and did all the talking), this afternoon, who claimed that they were making a follow-up visit and asked to see my PSE&G statement. His intonation and wording seemed to lead me to believe that he had a "right" to see my statement, almost as if this was an "official" request. When I asked why he wanted to see the statement, he said he needed to verify if I'm being serviced by a local supplier (for gas & electric). Later on he said that he wanted to see if I qualified for any savings. He could not tell me what this visit was a follow-up to. When pressed, he said "I'm just doing my job". I refused to give them any information and closed the door.

The race to capture as many customers as possible and to make a lot of money, in New Jersey's deregulated market, is apparently leading MX Energy (and likely others) to use tactics that are not quite ethical. I'm sure that the second fellow, who didn't speak, was there to affirm that the MX Energy rep had a visible ID and that he never said he represented PSE&G, or any governmental agency. That is true; however, his wording, intonation, and body language spoke a completely different story. BEWARE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MX-Energy/Passaic-New-Jersey-07055/MX-Energy-Unethical-Tactics-Misrepresentation-Passaic-New-Jersey-836561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MX Energy