Complaint Review: MX Energy

• Reported By: Sylvia R — Lindenhurst New York United States of America
MX Energy
711 Louisiana Street Suite 1000 Internet United States of America

MX Energy Tricked individual - Sucker , Internet

*Author of original report: Refunded from the fuel company

*Consumer Comment: MX Energy are scammers

MX Energy kept calling for weeks, trying to convince me to sign up . Finally talked me into it and offered one month free, nothing written on a paper as I requested. After a month prices for gas - heating outrageous , plus a delivery charge from a local gas company , that was not explained to me. When called to cancel, I was charged 150 USD for cancellation plus they are still billing me for the gas charges although I cancelled on December 1st , 2010 . This is the worst experience in my life. It seems like I am stuck with them for long period of time and I  did not sign a contract with them, what should I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2011 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MX-Energy/internet/MX-Energy-Tricked-individual-Sucker-Internet-695630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MX Energy

Refunded from the fuel company

AUTHOR: Sylvia R - (United States of America)

I have to admit the Ripoff Report helped me , MX Energy after finding out about the report contacted me and a month later refunded my account with adjustment. They were very polite and refunded as they promised. They acted very professionally, I have to admit . Once again, thanks for your help and would like to remove my report for the future . It probably helped MX Energy and improved their communication and public relation skills.

MX Energy are scammers

AUTHOR: Diddy - (United States of America)

OP, I was in a similar situation with using MX Energy.  After a neighbor talked me into switching to them, I just let my wife take care of the bills.  It took me two years to learn how much we were being overbilled by MX. Their prices were consistently higher per therm than the local energy company provided.  After two years, I cancelled their service and they sent some non-sense talking about being under contract for another seven months.   I responded to them by asking they provide me with a written copy of my contract showing the start and end dates and bearing my signature.  Well, needless to say they couldn't produce anything and they ultimately back down.

I do not and would not recommend MX Energy to anyone.  They will overcharge and try to scam you in every which way possible.  Avoid them like the plague since that's what they will be on your wallet.