Complaint Review: MY INFO BILL

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: GREG — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
MY INFO BILL
Internet, Utah United States of America

MY INFO BILL OTHER: Unreachable telephone number Claimed I authorized payments of $19.95 per month ad finatum for their services. Totally untrue. Internet, Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: MY INFO BILL Resolution

Went to Customer Service Chat at the service provider's website. Transcript follows:

You are now chatting with "Cynthia."

Cynthia: Welcome to Customer Service Live Chat.  May I please ask to whom I have the pleasure of chatting with?

You:  Good morning, Cynthia.  I'm Greg.

Cynthia:  Hello, how may I assist you?

Cynthia:  Are you still there?  How may I assist you?

You:  Went to your site on 01/11.  Thought I was getting a free report.  Wrong.  You asked for $1 and my credit card number.  Just got credit card bill.  You billed me the buck you told me about, and, in addition, charged me $19.95.  What gives?

Cynthia:  In order to pull up your account could you please provide me the Email address and zip code you used to order our services?

You:  (information provided)

Cynthia:  Thank you for providing the information.  Please wait while I check your order details in our system.

Cynthia:  When purchasing your Public Record report you signed up for the $19.95 payment plan mention on our website.  We appreciate your business as a respected customer and insuring your satisfaction is very important to us.  Would you like to close your account, void and remove the remaining charges of $19.95?

You:  Never got a pubic record report.  Believe you folks are fraudulent.  I want a refund of the illegally charged $19.95.

Cynthia:  I am sorry that you have decided to close your account.  Please allow me a moment to process this for you.

Cynthia:  O.K., I have closed your account and removed the remaining charges of $19.95.  You have been credited all subsequent charges of $19.95 effective today.  These remaining charges have been voided.  Your confirmation number is:  (Confirmation Number quoted)

Cynthia:  Thank you for contacting Live Chat.  I'm glad we were able to resolve this for you today.  Please CLICK HERE to finalize your account closure.  [I did not click there.]

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

I will now deduct the fraudulent charge from my credit card bill and pay the balance.  I will inform the credit card company of my action.  We will thus initiate the "disputed charge" procedure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MY-INFO-BILL/Internet-Utah-/MY-INFO-BILL-OTHER-Unreachable-telephone-number-Claimed-I-authorized-payments-of-1995-p-1011787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MY INFO BILL

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

MY INFO BILL Resolution

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Dear Greg,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you have faced so far and would like to make this right to process the refund for you. Kindly email manager@myinfobill.com for the same.

Thanks,