Complaint Review: MYLIFE REUNION SEARCH

• Submitted: Thu, June 09, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 09, 2011

• Reported By: Happyscientist — Del Mar California U.S.A.
MYLIFE REUNION SEARCH
2118 Wilshire Box 1008 Santa Monica, California United States of America

MYLIFE REUNION SEARCH MyLife.com UNAUTHORIZED MONTHLY billing of my credit card. Santa Monica, California

I was going through my statements of a credit card I rarely use, to find a small charge for 14.95 a month coming out for MYLIFE *REUNION-SEARCH. I called them today (and spoke with Stephanie) and they told me I had signed up in Sept of 2010 and that they sent me a confirmation email at that time for monthly billing. I went through all my gmails for that entire month and did not see any such email.
I did find a 44.85 charge in October from them. No charges at all in Nov, Dec, then they started billing me 14.94 a month in January which was NOT AUTHORIZED BY ME.

I am going to send a letter of demand to the company to be refunded for a site I did not use nor sign up for. And if they do not fix the situation I will file a full report with the BBB.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2011 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MYLIFE-REUNION-SEARCH/Santa-Monica-California-90403-5784/MYLIFE-REUNION-SEARCH-MyLifecom-UNAUTHORIZED-MONTHLY-billing-of-my-credit-card-Santa-Mo-738759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MYLIFE REUNION SEARCH