Complaint Review: Maaco Auto Body

• Updated: Mon, July 12, 2010

• Reported By: Mari — Bethlehem Pennsylvania United States of America
Maaco Auto Body
Easton Ave Bethlehem, Pennsylvania United States of America

Maaco Auto Body Horrible Paint Job - won't do a thing about it. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

In Jan, 08 My car was damaged by a NYC parking garage and then I was rear-ended two weeks later.  Due to the insurance co for the parking garage, I was stuck having to use Maaco for their repairs so I had them handle the damage from both incidents.

Due to the back and forth with the insurance co, the repairs were not done until April, 08.  The initial experience was satisfactory.  I had the hood and front bumper repaired and painted and the driver-side rear bumper replaced.  I noticed early that the plastic around the trunk had been removed and the clips were loss or boken so that does not stay in place anymore.  I can live with that however the paint job did not last through the first winter.  The salt on the highways chipped away the paint on the hood and front bumper.  It's so bad it looks like a light snow on the hood of my car with all the white chips in the black paint.  At the time my car was 4 yrs old.  I commuted the same roads 2 of those 4 years and never had chips on the original paint.

I asked the mechanic at the dealer if he had seen a hood and bumper chip like that and he said NEVER and that it looked like they never put a top sealer over the paint.  I took my car back to Maaco to have them look at it.  They told me that the warranty only covers the paint peeling and not chips, but they would paint it over for me for $250 although it would only chip again since that wouldn't include stripping and priming the car again.  There was even a rep from the Corp office there that day and he wasn't even willing to assist, although everyone there said they never saw a car chip the way mine had.  Additionally none of the other parts on my car were chipping - not even the front side bumpers, which are also hit by the road salt.   Basically I am screwed.  My only car looks like crap and the accident wasn't even my fault.

I would not recommend any Maaco to ANYONE.  I think they rush through jobs and they must use inferior sealers, paints, finishers, etc.  After having my car for 6 years now, the only chips are where Maaco painted!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2010 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Auto-Body/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-/Maaco-Auto-Body-Horrible-Paint-Job-wont-do-a-thing-about-it-Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-622491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Auto Body