Complaint Review: Maaco Auto Body

• Reported By: Attempted Scam in CT — West Haven Connecticut USA
Maaco Auto Body
Dixwell Aveue Internet United States of America

Maaco Auto Body Durabond Don't Go Here - Big Time Scammers Internet, Internet

So awhile back, I took a car there that had the clear coat peeling I get this big story on how they have to strip the car down to bare metal - yup I fell for it - we're talking the 80's, I got clipped for $500.00.

So years go by new owners all kinds of crap. I had a nice pickup truck that I wanted to keep so I was gonna spring for a paint job and the body work and then have the truck painted as close to the original color as possible. The guy says no, no, no, you don't want your truck painted that color you want it this color red and takes me and shows me this 70's model car which is almost maroon. I tell him it's a noce color but it's not what I want as the paint costed more and to be honest it was not the color I wanted and I did not want to have to ger the door jams and the inside of the bed repainted. Son of a b*tch if after saying no I didn't come back and find the d**n truck painted maroon with a bright red friggin bed. On top of that, the truck had 4X4 stickers on the back on the sides of the bed. They didn't take them off or even sand them down they just left them and sprayed. Oh and BTW - Cost me $25.00 for the estimate to wind up paying $1800.00 for the paint job from hell.

Today I call and get the bait and switch I have a mint 2003 Crown Vic, I have light surface scratches on the trunk that I can probably do with a paint can, but I opted to have the whole car painted one nice even color blue (same color). I ask how much for the car to get taped as well as sprayed with no body work. I get oh I really need to see the car and give you an estimate just come down I'm like 25 bucks right and their like yeah. i'm like you can tell me how much to tape and spray. I'm telling you the place sucks. As of today I am staying away from any Maaco's anywhere I called corporate and heard them talking to someone with the same exact problems screw that stay away from these con artists

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Auto-Body/internet/Maaco-Auto-Body-Durabond-Dont-Go-Here-Big-Time-Scammers-Internet-Internet-854903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Auto Body