Complaint Review: Maaco Auto Paint

• Submitted: Fri, June 17, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2005

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
Maaco Auto Paint
406 Christian Avenue Durham, North Carolina U.S.A.

Maaco Auto Painting EXTREMELY POOR JOB!!! Durham North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Maaco Corrected the Problem

I remember watching the wonderful ad on TV about how great their company was and the quality auto painting service they provided. In fact they were truly horrible, at ANY price!! In fact, we would recommend that if you are thinking about paying for the "truly wonderful" paint special, just take that $250 out of your wallet and burn it right then and there, and you will be thankful that you did not have to deal with this company.

I was embarassed for them. When we went to pick up the car, you could actually see sand all over the car in the paint. It was absolutely ridiculous!! I thought we must be in a "Candid Camera" routine.

After arguing with the manager at great length, who was trying to pretend like this was a good paint job - you have to be F***ING kidding me right?!!! - they agreed to paint the car over, instead of refunding the money so we could go some where else.

We shouldn't have listened, because they did an even poorer job the second time around. The car came back with uneven sanded and painted areas, different shades of color, and still had some sand (although it was much less) in the paint. We were so upset and the fact that they treat you so poorly, and as stated earlier, like you were just bad customers, demonstrates that they must routinely provide poor service. What a rip off at ANY price!!

Rich
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2005 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Auto-Paint/Durham-North-Carolina-27705/Maaco-Auto-Painting-EXTREMELY-POOR-JOB-Durham-North-Carolina-146528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Auto Paint

Maaco Corrected the Problem

AUTHOR: F. Victoria - ()

In the year 2005, Maaco painted my Ford Taurus a Silver color, and did an excellent job. Eight years later, I decided to paint the same car "Tropical Green," and six months later the paint started to come off the trunk area of my car. When I informed them of this, they offered to repaint the affected area and correct the problem. Much to my surprise, they repainted the entire car, and it now looks perfect. They even offered to drive me to the airport, and pay for a taxi to drive me back to Maaco upon my return. With any business, occasionally little things go wrong, however, they were very professional and took care of the problem.