Complaint Review: Maaco Auto Painting And Body Works

• Submitted: Mon, June 21, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, October 07, 2004

• Reported By:LISLE Illinois
Maaco Auto Painting And Body Works
2115 Ogden Ave. LISLE, Illinois U.S.A.

Maaco Auto Painting And Body Works ripoff a payment was made in the amount of $3025.00 dollar once the payment was made they refuse to release my keys and to give me a reciept for the money I don't have my car or money I need help. LISLE Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Probably Not Racism. The company is wrong no matter what.

*Consumer Suggestion: MAACO can't hold you responsible.

I took my car to Maaco and they did the repair work on my car. They had me sign off on what needed to be done and on the total amount that it would be which was 3,025.00. This was on June 7, 2004. Upon completion of the work I went to pick up the car on Friday, June 18th and they presented me with another total for the repairs other than what we had agreed to. That new amount which I was unaware of and which I did not authorize prior to the completion was $4,882.17.

When I gave the man who was the Owner, the sum of $3,025.00 as agreed upon he refuse to give me my keys and receipt. And he told me I could not have a receipt or key until full payment was made. I than call the police, once the police arrive it was made clear to me that the owner of this company had lied and said he didn't recieve any payment from me. I had a witness to testfy to the amount of money that I gave Maaco. I'm very upset because I've lost my money also and still don't have my car. This is wrong, Also I feel that I'm being taken advantage of, and discriminate against, I'm a Black male 27 years of age in college. I just bought this car in March 2004. I don't know what to do or where to turn to. Please HELP ME.

Lance
LISLE, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2004 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Auto-Painting-And-Body-Works/LISLE-Illinois-60532/Maaco-Auto-Painting-And-Body-Works-ripoff-a-payment-was-made-in-the-amount-of-302500-dol-95809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco Auto Painting And Body Works

Probably Not Racism. The company is wrong no matter what.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Hello Lance,

Rest assured that it's not likely that you're a victim of racism. You may have been a mark, but more likely because you came across foolishly.

This is not an attack on you. The company is wrong no matter what. And you may have handled to transaction perfectly. Still, this is an opportunity for you to look at who you were in the matter of handling this affair from the moment you walked in there to inquire about the service.

Did you go in as a man taking care of business with mutual respect? Did you handle the transaction professionally? Again, if what you're saying is accurate, MAACO is dead wrong on all counts no matter how you acted. Steeling is steeling. However, we as individuals, do impact our own luck by who we are in the matters of our lives. Good luck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

MAACO can't hold you responsible.

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

If you have a receipt showing payment, why not file a lawsuit or contact an attorney regarding the filing of a lawsuit. Witness or not, if you paid with a check, you have proof of payment. If you paid with cash, I wouldn't understand that but, since you have a witness, that may be enough to refute Maaco's allegation. In addition, if you never authorized the new repair work by signing the contract, MAACO can't hold you responsible.