Complaint Review: Maaco, Carol Stream Illinois

• Updated: Fri, January 24, 2014

• Reported By: K. — BARTLETT Illinois
Maaco, Carol Stream Illinois
252 Commonwealth Drive Carol Stream, Illinois USA

Maaco, Carol Stream Illinois Justin Patel, Manager Buyer Beware, you seem to get a paint job that flakes off after 8 Months they do not guarantee work or correct a bad paint job. Carol Stream Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Take them to small claims court with photos of the bumper, and...

In April of 2013 I had my car's bumper painted at Maaco. I was shocked at the cost of over $800 for just a bumper. Justin said don’t worry man (acting like a friend), any problems come back and we fix. I said I do not want the paint to flake off like it is doing now. He said he would use a flex additive and this is why the paint cost so much. When I got the car back it looked fine, but the cars fog lights were not working. Justian said we are sorry, but are not mechanics. I let it slide and had them fixed for $100. I was just happy to get my car back..... We'll it is now January 2014 and the paint is flaking off, showing the old paint underneath. My car was not even sanded, no flex additive was used and it looks horrible. I went to Maaco and spoke to Justin. He said they do not warrantee there work and he would repaint for half the cost. I said you told me I had A warrantee and the paperwork says warrantee of "1-year full and 2 years proactive". He then said I hit snow or something. I said I did not and tapped on the bumper. More paint fell off and it cracked more. Do not trust this body shop and do not trust Justin. I called the corporate office at (704) 644-8148 and had a recorded message. I left a voice message and still no call back. I am in my 40's and this is the worst body work I have ever seen in my life. This is the worst type of business, which does not honor the contract or the warrantee they give you. Do not use this body shop, Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco-Carol-Stream-Illinois/Carol-Stream-Illinois-60188/Maaco-Carol-Stream-Illinois-Justin-Patel-Manager-Buyer-Beware-you-seem-to-get-a-paint-1118303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco, Carol Stream Illinois

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Take them to small claims court with photos of the bumper, and...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Take the warranty with you.  If it's as you say, it should be a slam-dunk.  Good Luck.