Complaint Review: Maaco

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:st. cloud Florida
Maaco
1419 N.W Broad Street Murfeesboro, Tennessee U.S.A.

Maaco ripoff Murfeesboro Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree

Wow I have a story for you I went to Murfreesboro Tn. on vacation and my truck had a few scratches while I was there I wanted to have my husbands truck painted for his B-day so I took it to MAACO ok 3-5 buisness day no prob. I can handle that

I told them I wanted the whole complete truck painted from maroon and tan to straight black, I had a lund visor with the headlamps and a bug shield, that I wanted painted also and a few dents he noted to be repaired then tells me the jams cost well ok if ur going to get it painted paint it right.. right?

Anyways I dropped it off Monday morn. picked it up Friday morn. so I could get back home by midnight all right so it looks good when i pick it up it was wet u couldn't see anything bad well here goes ok I start 30 miles down the road my bedrails fly off they double sided taped them on so I had to stop and pick em up put em back in the truck, then I load my belongings and start home I make it to a little outside of atlanta and my 250.00 dollar visor flies off and scratches the whole passenger side of the truck, hits the car behind me the man believe it or not felt so sorry for me said he would turn it into his insurance cause I was in tears bless his heart.

Ok so 10 hr trip took me 14 hours to get home cause of the parts flying everywhere then I get home next morn go look at damages and the f250 v-8 tritan emblems r gone too, so i examine it a little closer and realize they sprayed the bed of my truck right over the dirt the jams in the tailgate were still maroon the underside of my door handles r still maroon, the underside of my hood still maroon the paint is bubbled where they sprayed right over dirt it is a mess so 1000.00 paint job is ended up being almost 2000.00 cause now I have to replace parts and when I go to have it painted all over correctly it is going to be another 1200.00 so in all actuallity it will be 3200.00 oh yeah and never leave anything in your car you don't want messed with or stolen I had a brand new hat with horses on it they felt they needed to wear so it has finger prints nasty black spray paint mess and stinks of nasty sweat.

Not that it matters I felt violated anyways I had a cheesy stickers said naughty cowgirl it is gone , and my change I had for tolls on the way home they left a few quarters and the pennies, and I am sure I haven't noticed it all I am still in shock so next time someone warns me I will take their advise and paint it myself with spray paint I could've handed my 5 yr old son a can of paint and he couldv'e done a better job and now I am working with Ed (corporate office) to resolve this whole ordeal. And I will keep you updated cause Ed is where I am now.

Chrissy
st. cloud, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2006 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco/Murfeesboro-Tennessee-37129/Maaco-ripoff-Murfeesboro-Tennessee-176014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree

AUTHOR: John5.0 - (U.S.A.)

As a former employee of this maaco I can honestly say that you definatley DO NOT get what you pay for, you get less! I've seen what goes on behind the scenes. The quality of work is sub-par even by maaco standards. I wouldn't reccomend this shop to my worst enemy. The people working there are extremely underqualified and "gettin a good deal" from this place is impossible. I would honestly say that if 100 people who knew about ripoffreport.com got their car painted at this maaco, 90 or more would be filing the same types of complaints. It's a money hungry business and once they get your hard earned money, they could care less if your satisfied.
Your best bet would be to ASK around before you commit to this place. Try and find someone who has had a vehicle painted there and let them tell you about their experience. There are several GOOD body shops around the murfreesboro area you just need to do the research and maybe go ahead and spend the extra cash to save yourself a headache.