Complaint Review: Maaco

• Updated: Thu, June 19, 2014

• Reported By: Looking Justice — Jamaica New York
Maaco
212-50 Jamaica Avenue Queens Village, New York USA

Maaco On 5/30/14 I submitted my vehicle to be repaired as a result of a hit and run accident which occurred on 5/20/14. At that point the Maaco representative advised me they would get an estimate and have my insurance company adjuster come and inspect the vehicle. I okayed the repairs to begin and in turn picked up my car on Saturday 6/14/14. Upon retrieving my vehicle I performed a check of the basic visual noticeable repairs at which point I realized the repairs where incomplete. Having to deal with a hit and run is traumatic enough; then to top it off deal with a repair shop who's less than bothered that their clients are given a disservice is very disheartening!!!! At this point I asking for a refund so my vehicle can be fixed correctly and completely. Queens Village New York

On 5/30/14 I submitted my vehicle to be repaired as a result of a hit and run accident which occurred on 5/20/14. At that point the Maaco representative advised me they would get an estimate and have my insurance company adjuster come and inspect the vehicle. I okayed the repairs to begin and in turn picked up my car on Saturday 6/14/14. Upon retrieving my vehicle I performed a check of the basic visual noticeable repairs at which point I realized the repairs where incomplete. For (1) my door was still unfixed, then driving it off the premises I came to notice other issues (2) my wheel alignment wasn't done and (3) there was a noise still coming from the point of impact as result of the accident. I immediately advised Maaco of what I found and they advised me it was closing time to bring my vehicle back on Monday. I subsequently dropped my car off on Monday 6/16/14 where they fixed the alignment and my door issue and told me the noise issue was repaired. I once again drove off for what I thought would be the redemption of the mediocre service I received from this company only to hear the noise was still happening. I yet again contacted the Maaco only for them to tell me bring the car back again and they will look into it; (please bear in mind I'm 9 months pregnant due any day now making several trips back and forth to this place only to be given excuses for inferior services). On Tuesday 6/17/14 I reluctantly brought my vehicle back to Maaco where their "mechanic" did a drive around the block with me and listened to the noise. I left my car with then on Wednesday 6/18/14 to once again resolve the same issue; when I got their to pick up my car the front desk clerk told me I have to bring my car to my own mechanic I asked to speak with the manager/owner Al. He came out to tell me the same ridiculousness, and now all of a sudden there's a sleuth of other issues going on with my car which was bologna seeing that this issue was clearly a result of the accident that occurred on 5/20/14. At this point I can emphatically conclude that Maaco is scam artist and I would never want anyone to experience what I've gone through with them. Having to deal with a hit and run is traumatic enough; then to top it off deal with a repair shop who's less than bothered that their clients are given a disservice is very disheartening!!!! At this point I asking for a refund so my vehicle can be fixed correctly and completely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2014 03:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco/Queens-Village-New-York/Maaco-On-53014-I-submitted-my-vehicle-to-be-repaired-as-a-result-of-a-hit-and-run-accid-1156097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco