Complaint Review: Maaco

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By:Hackettstown New Jersey
Maaco
295 Route 46 Rockaway, New Jersey U.S.A.

Maaco - Owner, Greg Vovchuk ripoff! Paid over $300 for paint job and they ruined my car!!! Rockaway New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Maaco Rockaway NJ did a great job on our car

*Consumer Comment: To Clairify

I paid an independent person to do bodywork on my car and then sent it to Maaco to be painted. It cost over $300 and when I went to pick up my car it was horrible.

Maaco broke my rear-view mirror off and glued the metal fastener on backwards and it doesnt go back on. They cracked the fender of my car and claimed it was there already. Also, my car has a vinyl hood and they painted the back of it.

And to top it all off, right after the car was done, they parked it in the corner where the gutter leaked in their roof. Now the hood of the car has deep holes all over where water dripped onto the wet/fresh paint.

When I talked to the owner he said that the car was like that before. If it was like that then wouldnt the crack be painted over, and not be an obvious crack after it was painted? And how could a blue car get white on the cover, unless it happened when the car was painted white?

Now my car it cracked, has dips and drips in the paint, and I have to pay to get my mirror fixed. Dont go to Maaco of Rockaway. They ripped me off big time!

Kate
Hackettstown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2004 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maaco/Rockaway-New-Jersey-07840/Maaco-Owner-Greg-Vovchuk-ripoff-Paid-over-300-for-paint-job-and-they-ruined-my-car-81396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maaco

Maaco Rockaway NJ did a great job on our car

AUTHOR: Golfnug - (United States of America)

We moved into our new house in March and 2 months later, a messenger who was backing out of a neighbor's driveway drove into our brand new car -- damaging the drivers side and passenger side. We were not hurt, but were very upset about the situation. A friend had recommended Greg at Maaco in Rockaway, so we called. Greg was very nice, helped us get a rental car and handled everything for us. He spoke to the insurance company (several times) and got us back in our car --looking brand new. I have to admit--he made the experience relatively painless. We have nothing but good things to say about Maaco. I am so glad that our friend had suggested them.

JP, Landing, NJ

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

I own an auto repair shop in NJ. In the office on the wall is a sign that reads "nothing good is cheap and nothing cheap is good" that about sums it up. If the going rate for a good paint job that includes prepping the car, fixing some minor dents, clean the car up before it leaves and use quality paint is 2000.00 for arguments sake. What did you really expect for 300.00? That wouldnt even come close to covering parts and labour at a real body shop. Im not saying that every shop that charges you 2000.00 will be perfect, but you at least have a chance of it being a nice job. For 300.00 expect a bad job.

To Clairify

AUTHOR: Boz - (U.S.A.)

Hello it is Texino (hi there) It say in this report that the company ruined your car! I do not think so. I think maybe they gived you a bad painting which is what every person in the whole world knows this company is famous for. Now Texino (that's me) is a Psychic (really!) so I know that you are from the UK and probably do not know the story of this notorious bad paint company. Because of this you are excused for saying they ruined your auto. Now if they melted the motor and pulled the tyres off and disconnected the lights and took away the seats and steering-well that's what we call balling the Jack, or ruining the car.

Good luck next year. And when looking for a paint shop, I suggest using one with a name like Tony's Auto Body or Janet's car painting. Not someone called after a shark.
Bye.