Complaint Review: Mac ChurchHill Acura

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: Brian — Arlington Texas
Mac ChurchHill Acura
3125 NE Loop 820, Fort Worth Texas 76137 Internet United States of America

Mac ChurchHill Acura Mike Harvey, Bobby Srianant $986 For a key that doesnt work! Cant even get a call from Service manager! What a joke! Internet

• In late May of 2013 I took an Acura TL to the service department to have an extra key made. I was assigned Mike Harvey as my service advisor. He explained that to make the extra key was going to be $411!!! Whoa thats an expensive key. Given that the cars retail value is only around $7,000- $8,000 I was reluctant to pay this much for a key but agreed as it is a must to have an extra key. The car was picked up and two days later the key would not start the car. Mike Harvey was called and he said bring it in and he would take care of it. After getting it there he explained that a piece under the center console was broken that needed to be replaced in order to get the key to communicate with the car and would cost an additional $575. My first question was if this piece is broken then how was it possible for the key to ever work on the original $411 repair? He stated someone had to break the piece under the center console in the past two days? This sounds highly unlikely to me! At any rate I picked up the car and paid the $575 and asked to speak with the service manager while I was there in person. I sat there for 45 minutes being told he was in meeting. When my wait time approached 75 minutes I aked Mike Harvey to please have his service manager give me a call as soon as he was available. I was told he would definitely have him call asap.

• Two days passed and I heard nothing back, so I callled and left a voice message for Mr. Bobby Srianant the service manager and patinetly waited. When Mr. Srianant never called me back I called Mr. Harvey again the next day again I was reassured he would have his mangaer call me. Another few days passed while I left a total of 8 voicemailks for Mr. Srianant with absolutely NO response.  I contaced Mr. Harvey yet again three weeks after the incident and he became very antagonistic and made alot of highly questionable remarks towards me. I would say Mr. Harvey is far from professional and as for why the service manager refuses to return my calls I have no idea. I have been very civil in my dealings with Mr. Harvey and I would think spending $986 on a key that by the way still doesn't work to this day is enough to at least give me a few minutes of his time. In the end I ended up with a $986 paper weight and since I can not get Mr. Srianant to even retune a call I had no choice but to dispute the charges in question on my credit card.  I am filing this complaint to inform people that there is a good chance if you take your car to Mac Churchhill Acura you will be swindled with not even so much as a chance to speak with a manager. I was actually comtemplating buying my wifes next new vehicle from them.  But now that I know even with repeated request to talk to Mr. Srianant that there mangers are not accesible I would obviously never do business with this company again. I would aslo suggest unless you enjoy subpar service and being taken for a ride you avoid them as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mac-ChurchHill-Acura/internet/Mac-ChurchHill-Acura-Mike-Harvey-Bobby-Srianant-986-For-a-key-that-doesnt-work-Cant-eve-1046487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mac ChurchHill Acura