midnight

• Submitted: Sun, February 27, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, February 27, 2005

• Reported By:Covington Georgia
Macco Paint And Body Works
1960 Hwy 138 Conyers, Georgia U.S.A.

Macco Paint And Body Works Macco lied about the work that was to be done on my car Conyers Georgia

On January 18th. I took my 2001 Honda Accord in for an estimate for some front-end damage. Scott conducted the written estimate. He told me verbally, that it would cost more to do a spot paint job than it would to just to paint the entire vehicle. I had a concern regarding matching the existing paint. The estimator told me that when he paints the entire car, matching would no longer be an issue.

I was fine with that and we agreed that he would paint the entire car, and remove and blemishes that appeared on the vehicle for a total of $745.28. That was the verbal agreement made on that day.

I dropped my car off on February 19, 2005 for repairs. Another employee received my car. He told me that I needed to re-order my school parking permit because they would need to sand it off when painting the entire car. I then asked him about their work. He took me in the back and showed me some cars that had been painted. He said that I would not have a paint-matching problem since; they were painting my whole car.

On February 15,2005 I called to check on the status of my car. I was told by an employee that there had been a mix-up with the paperwork on my car. He said that they were supposed to paint my whole car but they only fixed the front bumper and spot painted my car.

I called back the next day and spoke with Estimator. He told me that people had the flu and that he did not remember all the details about my car but that he did recall telling me that he would paint my whole car and fix the hood, rear and front bumper for $745.00. He told me that he would go back and fix those things. I asked Estimator, would there be any car rental reimbursement since; it was now going to take them until Tuesday March 1, 2005 before my car would be ready. I told Scott, that I felt that they should pay for that since they made the error. He refused. I contact the corporate office; I was told that the owner would call me back. Minutes later, I received a call from the owner. She left a message demanding that I come and pay what I owe immediately in cash and pick up my car or, I could pay more money to have the rest of my car painted.

I picked up my car that day only to find out that, the dent was not removed from the hood of my car, the paint on the front bumper had already begun to peel and that they had spray painted my radiator, air filter box, fuse box, my hoses and other electrical components underneath the hood of my car.

I have been offered to have them clean my engine and radiator. The turn of events will not allow be to trust this company to do any additional work on my vehicle. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I have never seen a company treat a customer like this.

Tamitta
Covington, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2005 08:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macco-Paint-And-Body-Works/Conyers-Georgia-30313/Macco-Paint-And-Body-Works-Macco-lied-about-the-work-that-was-to-be-done-on-my-car-Conyers-133085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macco Paint And Body Works