Complaint Review: Mack Camera & Video Service

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: cnelson — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
Mack Camera & Video Service
200 Morris Avenue Springfield, New Jersey United States of America

Mack Camera & Video Service Would not honour extended 3 year service contract of repair returned 6 weeks later with new damage, cost $410.00 for repair. Springfield, New Jersey

Sent laptop for repair of  cooling fan and bad back light.  I had a 3 year extend sercice contract for repair  After 3 weeks I call them and they tell me the screen needs to be replace due to impact damage, they said the screen was cracked in many places, I know that this laptop has never been dropped and screen was fine, before shipping via Fed EX. with insurance.  They told me box was not damaged and they would send photos of laptop, but they were never sent.  I was told that impact damage was not covered.  would also have to pay $45, for estimate, and repair would be $375.  i needed it back and had already sent it there, so agreeded to repair.

I received the laptop today, with new damage that was not there when I sent it in.  The key board is bent, I have taken photos.  I was billed $410.00, they had this laptop 6 weeks. They charged me $35  for shipping when I only paid $12 for packing, insurance and 3 rd day shipping.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mack-Camera-Video-Service/Springfield-New-Jersey-07081/Mack-Camera-Video-Service-Would-not-honour-extended-3-year-service-contract-of-repair-r-557499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mack Camera & Video Service