Complaint Review: Mack Camera

• Submitted: Sun, November 13, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, November 13, 2005

• Reported By:hinesburg Vermont
Mack Camera
200 Morris Avenue Springfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

Mack Camera ripoff Destroy Property, Violate Agreement, Scam Springfield New Jersey

I sent my laptop in for a very minor repair under their warranty service. After keeping it unprotected on the shelf for 2 months they finally got around to it.

Somehow they destroyed it, dropped it on the floor or something, because there were cracks all over it and keys falling off. They noted that none of these damages were listed on the incoming damage report, and also that the shipping package did not show any signs of abuse.

Even though I insured it for $1500, they have a policy of throwing out your packaging right away so that even if things are damaged in shipping you can't collect on the insurance. Anyway, this is not the case, Mack Camera broke my laptop.

I spoke with them respectfully, but they were rude with me, suggest continuously that I did not notice that I had broken it myself...they refuse to cover the damages that they caused, don't return my emails, don't follow through with the things they agree on the phone.

Very difficult to get ahold of as well.

I have a feeling that a lot of products get damaged in the factory, I have heard of it happening to many other people

Stuart
hinesburg, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2005 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mack-Camera/Springfield-New-Jersey-07081/Mack-Camera-ripoff-Destroy-Property-Violate-Agreement-Scam-Springfield-New-Jersey-164434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mack Camera