Complaint Review: Mack Relocation Services

• Updated: Wed, June 29, 2011

• Reported By: Leegal — Denver North Carolina United States of America
Mack Relocation Services
1252 Oakleigh Dr East Point, Georgia United States of America

Mack Relocation Services This company was hired through a moving broker named America's Moving Services and picked up my household goods in Cedar Hill, TX on 6/25/11. I talked to Jim Mack, the owner, that day and he assured East Point, Georgia

*Author of original report: Mack Relocation Services owner should NOT blame his driver for HIS misrepresentation

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Absolutely shocked in regards to this review

America's Moving Services hired Mack Relocation to deliver our furniture from Cedar Hill, TX to our new home in Denver, North Carolina.  We would never have hired this company to move us in the first place because they have a terrible reputation and are not BBB accredited.  We only wanted a company that had a A rating with BBB.  We have not had any contact with Jim Mack since they picked up our furniture.  The driver told us he was headed straight back to Atlanta, where they're based.  We have even offered to pay Jim Mack there in Atlanta and take delivery there without coming to NC just so we can get our things.  We still haven't heard from him.  This is so frustrating to have such a bad company hired by America's Moving Services.  OBviously they know we won't be using them again so they have no incentive to get our furniture to us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2011 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mack-Relocation-Services/East-Point-Georgia-30344/Mack-Relocation-Services-This-company-was-hired-through-a-moving-broker-named-Americas-M-746501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mack Relocation Services

AUTHOR: Leegal - (United States of America)

Some people are their own worst enemies and Jim Mack is one of those people.  He fabricates stories when the truth would serve him better.  His driver never told me that he would deliver my furniture on any particular date--that was the person who I talked to on Saturday who said his name was Jim Mack.  The driver simply gave me some phone numbers where I could leave a message for the owner.  Unfortunately, when you call any of the numbers, you do not reach a person just a recording that says "this subscriber is unable to receive calls at this time."  It made absolutely no difference to me whether he delivered my furniture on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday or Sunday.  What I was most concerned about were the reviews of this company where people waited WEEKS for their belongings and had items turn up broken and missing.   I was beginning to panic when I didn't receive a phone call on Tuesday telling me they couldn't make the delivery that day.  What I was concerned about when I didn't get a call was not receiving ANY information at all.  All he had to do was call and say "Sorry, I can't make it"--that would have been the end of it.  My caller ID on my phone showed I received a call from his phone but when I answered, the caller hung up (this was Tuesday).  What's wrong with this person that he can't just be honest and say I can't guarantee when I'll get your delivery made--that was already printed on the contract that I signed so it wasn't anything that I expected.  He didn't have to say I'll have your furniture to you on Tuesday--he could have said nothing and there never would have been a complaint filed.  But because he's so used to lying, apparently, he's raised the level of lying to an art form.  Use this moving company at your own risk.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Absolutely shocked in regards to this review

AUTHOR: America''s Moving Services - (USA)

We just got off the phone with this client and we are in a state of shock. The client Mrs. Turner, was picked up in her desired timeframe in Texas, while the crew was in her home Jim spoke with her to see how the crew was doing and she said they were great and she was very pleased with the services. Now, please keep in mind, the customer was moving 1,100 miles from Cedar Hill, TX to Denver, NC. She was picked up on Saturday, June 25th and her first available delivery date was Monday June 27th after 4:00 by her request. She accompanied the truck to the weigh station and was happy to learn she was under weight and owed LESS money than her estimate. The driver made a mistake and told her he would be delivering her today Tuesday the 28th and instead is delivering her tomorrow. Unfortunately, there were no guarantees made when it comes to delivery and during this time of the year, all moving companies are literally running ragged. I wish I could understand what this clients problem is, who guaranteed her a delivery? Sometimes people are so inconsiderate and the fact that she went online and bashed a great company all because she didn't get her items the exact day she wanted? No damages, owes less money, and is recieving delivery the day after SHE wanted it. Unfortunately, there are people like this in all types of business and we have to move on and do our best to make everyone else happy.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC