Complaint Review: Macy Credit Card

www.macys.com Carrollton, Texas United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

Macy Credit Card Macys failed to mail me a statement and charged me late fee and interest. Carrollton, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: No statment recieved

Macy's called me on my cell phone today to inform me I was past due.  I informed them I was not past due and a payment was made.  However, Macy's Visa card has two separate billings, one for the store and one for Visa.  I never got a statement from them.
Macy's failed to mail the store billing.

The lady insisted I pay my bill with her.  I did not even know what the charges were for.  In any case, I did pay what I owed and then asked for the card to be closed due to them not sending a statement.  I had been with them for several years and always paid my bill off.  She did agree and did see when I had always paid them on time and in full each time a payment was made.

They did not tell me what I was paying, nor did she know.  I did get on line and did see that 29.00 was for a late fee and a 2.00 finance charge.  I still do not know what I was paying for other than those charges.  I would suggest you do not, DO Not, use Macy's credit card for purchases from them nor their Visa card.  I also suggest you never go paperless like they want you to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macy-Credit-Card/Carrollton-Texas-75007/Macy-Credit-Card-Macys-failed-to-mail-me-a-statement-and-charged-me-late-fee-and-interest-558196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy Credit Card

No statment recieved

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

We have many people that think that all they have to do to have a late fee removed is to claim that they didn't get their statment. We remove one late fee, or partial removal each twelve months. The macy's Visa HAS TWO SEPERATE BILLS, WITH TWO SEPERATE DUE DATES & TWO SEPERATE BALANCES. If there is no returned mail flag on the account, we can still remove it as a curtesy once a year. If the associate could not remove the Late fee, then that means that it was blocked by the computer which is programed to block any attempt to remove a late charge a second time in twelve months.

If there is a pattern of late charges, there is a problem with the customer not paying their bill in a timely manner, or the cust might not have the mental ability to juggle the handeling of a single card with two seperate accounts on it.

I suggest that you DO use the macy's card, but that you either use the mail with a 10 day early mail out, use Macys.com/mymacyscard & pay on Quick Pay which posts three days later, but carries the date you did it as long as it's done before 12-midnight. You can do it up to midnight eastern time & still be on time.

If you pay on the telephone, there is only a fee if you use a debit card, or if you are on the day before the due date, or the due date itself. Phone payments also post for the date you do them.

All credit cards charge late fees if a payment in the proper amount is not posted by midnight on the due date.