Complaint Review: Macy Credit Card

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, January 25, 2009

• Reported By:bayonne New Jersey
Macy Credit Card
New York, New York U.S.A.

Macy Credit Card Fraud, Macys Credit ripoff New York New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: 2 cards?

*Consumer Suggestion: id fraud

*Author of original report: Macy Credit Card, Macys Credit-Card ripoff New York New York

Macys Credit card fraud

It happened to me, the macys credit card fraud.
I am writing this to alert anyone reading of this Macys fraud

Macys fraud department

It works like this, when you buy any products from macys they ask you if you want to signup for their card service, if you say yes, they try to put your new purchase on the new card so that it gets activated immediately and you become liable to use it. I had given them my existing credit card, I dont know why they put the charges on the new card.

I called their customer service to remove the charge from their card and put it on my card.
They went ahead and closed it and put a balance on my credit report. All without informing me or contacting me.

completely side stepping the issue.

I think I am legally entitled to an itemized bill. Please can anyone reading this advise me.

Macys really hurt my credit score.

And now after having paid them for an year , they wont update my credit report. I call them get transfered from department to department.

I am also writing to find out if there any thing legally

In retrospect , any card which is offered in a Shopping mall is risky, this is to all teenagers and youngsters.

Hope that helps
Concerned Consumer.

Jose
bayonne, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2007 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macy-Credit-Card/New-York-New-York-10010/Macy-Credit-Card-Fraud-Macys-Credit-ripoff-New-York-New-York-266418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy Credit Card

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

2 cards?

AUTHOR: Gabriela - (U.S.A.)

If you already had a Macy's card then why would you sign up for another card?

Unless you wanted one with a Visa logo that you could use outside Macys. I know we had different tiers of credit cards that involved different rewards or perks such as free alterations and free gift wraps. Even if you did have one of the basic Macy's card and were approved for a Visa account. It is still the same when you are in the store. When you are charging items in Macy's with a Macy's Visa, it will automatically go onto the Macy's portion of the card. If you are at Dilliards or any other non Macy's store, then the charge will show up as a Visa charge.

They put it on your new card because that is how you get the back of the house discount. It is usually 10% but at times can be 15% or rarely 20% off most items for 24 hours. The savings shows up on your account statement.

I am lost at how your bill went from $46 to $271. Personally, I would not have paid $271 if I only ever charge $46.

They wouldn't send you a bill? Couldn't you view your bill online?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

id fraud

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

In my case..>I filed fraud alerts on Macys & Capital one.. because both had accounts on my credit file..

Btw, I never have had either..... in my case macyes wanted to move the statemetn & bill to my address.. but I advised that not only was this not my acct but that I was in fact recording the conversation.

As soon as the later was stated...they went into full fraud alert mode and removed it from at least one of the credit agencies..

Macys did ok by me..... but I still wont shop there... macys cost too much for what they sell.

Btw, a lot of what they sell can be obtained elsewhere cheaper.

Macy Credit Card, Macys Credit-Card ripoff New York New York

AUTHOR: Jose - (U.S.A.)

Macys Credit card ripoff

It happened to me. the macys credit card ripoff.
I am writing this to alert anyone reading of this Macys ripoff

Macys credit-card ripoff

I paid their card balance in full this is after they charged me a hefty penalty fees they wont send me a itemized bill. The penalty amounted to 271$, for a charge of 46$.

The macys customer rep said that I should not have paid without getting a itemized bill, completely side stepping the issue.

Macys really hurt my credit score.

I am also writing to find out if there any thing legally

In retrospect, any card which is offered in a Shopping mall is risky, this is to all teenagers and youngsters.

Hope that helps