Complaint Review: Macy's Department Store

• Updated: Fri, March 16, 2012

• Reported By: Sylvia — Bountiful Utah United States of America
Macy's Department Store
P.O. Box 689195 Internet United States of America

Macy's Department Store Paid my account but they said $5.00 past due and have added lated fees up to $186.24, Internet

I paid my account in full.  Then Macy's said I was $5.00 past due and I filed and declared by phone a dispute because what I owed I paid in full.  Macy's charged  me a $37.00 late fee for the $5.00 past due and I disputed that as the account was paid in full. I talked to them in person and they refused to refund the $37.00

Since then I have faxed them 3 times with documentation that my account was paid in full before the $5.00 late amount was declared by them.  I paid my account in full and currently, 3/16/12, Macy's has me owing $186 the late fee for $5.00 late is charged at $37.00/month because they say I was late for $5.00 on my account.

Macy's denies that I have disputed these outrageous late fee charges.  I talked to them by telephone, faxed 3 times with all documentation including the check that paid my account for merchandise in full.  I am 70 years old and have only my social security income but Macy's will not stop adding on a late fee month after month of $37.00/month for what they claim was $5.00 late.   I do not know what to do.  Macy's will keep adding on $37.00/month not for merchandise but what they say was $5.00 late on the account and it has been paid in full.  How does a 70 year old woman win against a corporation like Macy's???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys-Department-Store/internet/Macys-Department-Store-Paid-my-account-but-they-said-500-past-due-and-have-added-lated-855122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy's Department Store