Complaint Review: Macys Furniture Gallery

• Reported By: Hugo — Astoria New York United States of America
Macys Furniture Gallery
155 Glen Cove Road New York, New York United States of America

Macys Furniture Gallery Furniture Falling Apart New York, New York

In June of 2009 I purchased a couch from Macys Furniture Gallery in Carle Place, NY.  After about 8-9 months of having the couch I realized that it began to lose its shape.  The couch, which was lightly used as I am often traveling for work, began to deform.  The lower rim of the couch, which supports the whole frame began to push outward.   Anyone who looked at it immediately assumed it was a cheap, old couch.

I called Macys and set up an appointment to have it looked at.  The gentleman who came informed me that my couch was the 2nd of its type he had seen that same morning.  He informed me that the other couch had the same exact defect.  After about a week I decided to contact Macys Customer Service and was informed that this defect would not be covered under warranty.

I am quite angry at this situation and Macys handling of it.  I have been a customer of Macys for many years and have purchased with you because I had always experienced a high level of service and customer satisfaction.  Since this occurred, I have been extremely upset with the whole situation and have decided against shopping at Macys.  I cant understand why a defect like this wont be covered.  It is clearly an issue of craftsmanship/materials, as confirmed to me by the Macy's employee who came to look at it.

All I wanted was either a replacement of the same product, if it has been improved, or the opportunity to substitute it for something similar, of better quality.  Its unbelievable to me Macys would prefer to lose a customer than to rectify a manufacturers defect.

In the future I will not risk buying with Macys.  In todays competitive world the only thing that can set one company apart from another is the level of respect and service it provides to its customers. As I stated earlier, I often travel for business and I couldnt imagine telling my clients that I dont stand behind my own product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys-Furniture-Gallery/New-York-New-York-11514/Macys-Furniture-Gallery-Furniture-Falling-Apart-New-York-New-York-764029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macys Furniture Gallery