• Report: #951931

• Updated: Sun, October 07, 2012

• Reported By: Joanna — Altamonte Springs Florida United States of America
Macy's Furniture Store
820 W. Town Parkway Internet United States of America

Macy's Furniture Store Macy's Furniture Gallery, FL, sold me a damaged sofa, but sold to me as in "fine condition". This was false advertising. The sofa now is sagging in the suchions and with debris coming up, Internet

Macy's Furniture Gallery (Store) sold me a sofa that was damaged, but was listed for "sale" as only a "floor sample".  They did not tell me of the extreme damage to the sofa that could not be seen.  When I got the sofa home and examined it carefully, I noticed that in between the cushions was a lot of debris.  The cushions, expecially the middle one had sand or some other debris in between the seams.  This made the sofa cushions sag when you sat on it.  The debris kept coming up from the cushions and continues to to this day, thus more sagging.

The back of the sofa when you rest your back is also sagging.  You can notice it by looking at it.  This sofa is a Natuzzi, however, these sofas are made in I believe three different countries, one I read was in India.  The products obviously was inferior in this sofa.  I am suprised because I never had any problem with products I purchased at Macy's.  The sales manager told me the sofa was "sold as is".  It was a floor model.  This damaged sofa should have been advertised and sold as damaged, not merely a floor sample.

The floor manager after I spoke to  her twice refused to do anything about this damaged sofa.   The would not even send out anyone to take a look at the sofa.  I am sure in a short period of time I will have to replace this sofa.  In addition, I do not believe the grade of leather was good.  Even small scratches show up as dark spots, very unattractive.  The leather seems to be very thin.  I feel the should have replaced the sofa or returned my money.  That did not happen of course.  I am very dissatisfied with the sofa and the customer service I recieced which was rude and offensive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 04:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys-Furniture-Store/internet/Macys-Furniture-Store-Macys-Furniture-Gallery-FL-sold-me-a-damaged-sofa-but-sold-to-951931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy's Furniture Store