Complaint Review: Macy's

Macy's
7201 Two Notch Road Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Macy's Sold Fake Diamond Earrings Columbia, South Carolina

* : A Macys Deception

I purchased a pair of diamond stud earrings totaling ct from the Columbia Mall store in Columbia, SC as a gift for my wife. Recently, I was told by a local jeweler that the earrings are made of cubic zirconium. I immediately took the earrings back to the sales counter at Macys and the manager confirmed for me that the earring was definitely a fraud. She also informed me that the sales rep who sold me the earring had been fired since then for negligence. She then referred me to the merchandise manager to handle the situation.

After speaking with the merchandise manager, she informed me that she would talk with her boss to find out what Macys could do for me. She also informed me that Macys policy is once a piece of jewelry left the store, it was not their responsibility. She explained that she did not know what has happened to the earrings since then, inferring that I was lying about the fake earring. She returned me call a couple of days later and said the only thing Macy's would do is sell me the same earrings for the same price I paid for them before.  I wrote an official complaint to Macy's and got the same response in writing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2009 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys/Columbia-South-Carolina-29223/Macys-Sold-Fake-Diamond-Earrings-Columbia-South-Carolina-492231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy's

#1

A Macys Deception

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Did you know that Macys does NOT have their own jewelry departments? That is correct, they simply contract the jewelry departments to an outside company. I found this out last Christmas at our local Macys. It's funny this isn't advertised to customers beforehand, or afterwards for that matter. It is deception, pure and simple.

As for the policy of not being responsible for jewelry once it leaves the store, that's another deception. Was there a placard posted anywhere in the jewelry sales area stating that policy? Of course not, that's why it's a deception as well.