Complaint Review: Macys

2144 Lawrenceville Highway Decatur, Georgia USA

Macys Poor Credit Practices Columbus Ohio

*General Comment: Common scam

*Consumer Comment: A valuable lesson

While shopping at the local Macy's a couple of months ago, I purchased two shirts.  I was initially going to put the balance on my debit card, but the cashier suggested using my Macy's card, which I do not carry with me.  She looked it up and charged the balance of about $75.

Last Friday I received a collections letter for $135 from a collections agency used by Macy's.  I called Macy's and explained that I had not received any statements in the mail.  She said I'd chosen to use online billing, and I insisted that was not the case. I never use online billing for anything because email is not reliable for finances.  My credit is near perfect.  She said all that they could do was lower the balance by $18 if I paid today with a check and routing number.  That's not something I felt comfortable doing, but by then she'd hung up on my or the call dropped - I'm not sure which.

I paid through my online banking, and the payment posted two days later. I then called because the balance went to a Macy's Amex account and not the Macy's account, and the customer service rep was able to transfer my payment to clear the Macy's Star Rewards account.  I then asked him to close both the accounts, because they were more trouble than they were worth.  The lesson has been learned, at cost to my credit rating and checking account. Macys credit department is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with, and from this week onward, I'll never step foot in a Macys again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys/Decatur-Georgia-30033/Macys-Poor-Credit-Practices-Columbus-Ohio-1083593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macys

#1 General Comment

Common scam

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Many young people want to be models and usually their parents think that they have what it takes. Who doesn't want to believe that their child could be a model? You will be told that your child is perfect for modeling and that there will be money rolling in from jobs. Then comes the big red flag - they want you to pay them for pictures. If you were at a real modeing agency they would never charge you for pictures. They also wouldn't charge you for a page - or anything else for that matter. That's just not how it works with modeling agencies. A modeling agency is supposed to find you work and get you paid.  What you paid for was a photographer, not a modeling agent. They don't have any connection to Macy's or anyone else and they won't even bother to contact any of those companies. Unfortunately this is a common scam. They usually target teens in malls and online. To be fully honest, your daughter is decent looking, but certainly not close to modeling material. I wouldn't waste time on trying to get her into modeling. It's ok though, most people aren't models - that's what makes them models.

This is clearly a scam, so calling the scam company will not get you anywhere. Contact a lawyer, the local police, or someone else who can give you advice. Also, file a complaint with the better business bureau if they have the company listed.

A valuable lesson

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You should maintain multiple backups of vital data.

"I may even consider legal action."

Computer users blame others for data loss on a daily basis. That is why The Terms of Service that you agreed to state:

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY

YOUR INSTALLATION, USE AND ACCESS OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE, SOFTWARE AND THE LOSS OF YOUR USER DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE THEREOF.

"NOTHING CAN REPLACE MY MEMORIES"

Maybe $2500 can.