Complaint Review: Macy's

• Updated: Sat, October 13, 2012

• Reported By: Seung-Yeol — Brookline Massachusetts United States of America
Macy's

Macy's card scamming, Internet

When I went to a bank to create the credit card, I was noticed that there is the balance of my Macy's card. Then I went to Macy's store and ask a manager about it. He helped me to contact Macy's credit card service by phone.

On the phone, a person said that I used my Macy's card to purchase $80 amount of the item (Aramis stuff) at the Macy's store on Feb 20, 2012. He said Macy's also sent the billing statement to me couple of times but I did not pay (I guess it is because they sent to incorrect address). However, I never used my card and don't even know what Aramis is.

I told to manager about it. He said maybe someone used my information to open Macy's card (identity fraud). He also said Macy's card which I made in 2008 must be canceled because I haven't used it for a while. I called to Macy's credit card service again, and asked them how to resolve the problem. They wanted me to fill out the statement of fraud and send it to them. I faxed them marked with 'never applied card'

Later, I checked my credit from credit bureau, and recognized that my Macy account was not canceled. Someone used it to purchase the item. Even through I tried to contact Macy's to ask the process and whether I need to change with 'lost a card', and send it to them again, they just said what I can do is just waiting for 3 months (they said it usually takes about 3 months). I guess coming 3 months will be hard for me.

My concerns are ...
1. Do I have to pay what if they won't resolve the problem?
2. Do I have to proof that I am not the person using card to purchase the item by myself if they don't resolve the problem?
3. Will they report to credit bureau about the scamming to resolve my credit?
4. Are there any other reactions to resolve the problem?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macys/internet/Macys-card-scamming-Internet-954689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macy's