Complaint Review: Macys.com

• Reported By:Memphis Tennessee
Macys.com
www.macys.com Internet U.S.A.

Macys.com Bait-and-Swtich Internet

I received an email from Macys.com offering a $200.00 3 megapixel Coolpix camera for $59.95 with the purchase of $150.00 or more.

I spent over $150.00 on Christmas gifts and ordered the Coolpix camera for a Christmas gift.

I intitally received someone else's order instead. I called customer service and they promised to reship my order Next Day Air.

Two days later I received one of the items I ordered - but not the $200.00 camera for $59.95. Instead I received a notice on my packing list:

"Please excuse the inconvenience .. Item Number 46752-07 is temporarly out of stock ... we have taken corrective action which will credit your account for the charges ..."

I spent over $150 in order to get the camera for $59.95. I feel like I am a victim of bait-and-switch. Macys could have honored the incentive with another camera of equal value, but instead they just did not live up to their promise!

Susan
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2003 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Macyscom/internet/Macyscom-Bait-and-Swtich-Internet-75716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Macys.com