Complaint Review: Madrid audio

• Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: Rob — Melrose park Pennsylvania United States of America
Madrid audio
10073 valley view st. Suit #260 Cypress, California United States of America

Madrid audio "White van scam" strikes again. Smooth talking junkies selling heavily discounted " high end" stereos. Cypress, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Or maybe...

I pulled into the wawa parking lot in center square, pa and two guys in a silver minivan were hunting for an innocent customer. I knew I was the target when he parked up next to me and asked me if I was looking for a home stereo system. Ironically I was looking for a receiver on Craigslist.

I thought that it had to be my lucky day. I was hesitant at first as I should have been buying something from a stranger. They said there was mess up with the order and they ended up with 2 extra stereos with each having retail value of $2995. The whole time I feel like I was rushed into it and they asked me for 300. I ended up giving them 250 after seeing a bogus receipt or packing list and an ads in a fake magazine.

Did research after purchase( silly right) and saw a website which seemed legit but had no contact and is totally fake. Also saw ripoff reports on it. After work I got home and plugged it in,functions. The whole system feels very cheap and not well put together. I took apart one of the components and to my surprise inside was a slab of granite! Added to give the speaker weight and appear as if it has more magnet than it really does.

System works and is wired but everything about it feels cheap and Chinese , not "made in USA " like the stickers say. Definitely not a 3000 dollar system, definitely not worth the 250 I payed for it.

If you have been cheated as I have I recommend you open one of those speakers, take out the rock, and carry it around with you until you see that vehicle that got you with the two sweaty beat nick junkies and try and get your damn money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 12:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Madrid-audio/Cypress-California-90630/Madrid-audio-White-van-scam-strikes-again-Smooth-talking-junkies-selling-heavily-disco-1010184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Madrid audio

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Or maybe...

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

Or maybe you should stop buying things that are clearly stolen.  This scam works because idiots like you think they are getting a deal on some freshly stolen speakers.  Instead, you are getting exactly what you deserve.