Complaint Review: Maericredit Financial Corporation ACF

• Submitted: Thu, April 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 27, 2006

• Reported By:STATESVILLE North Carolina
Maericredit Financial Corporation ACF
613 West Sharpe Street Statesville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Americredit Financial Corporation ACF Heartless to employees Very Sad ripoff Statesville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I am so very sorry for your loss

I am a former employeee of ACF. I was employed from January 2001 to September 2005.

My youngest son had been deployed to Iraq 1/17/2005 and died in Iraq 4/17/2005.

My youngest daughter had become employed at ACF in November of 2004.

Every Wednesday my son would call me at work from Iraq and all my customer calls would stop while I talked to him. One of my co-workers would go get my daughter who worked at the opposite end of the call center so she could talk to him also. My daughter and son were beyond close, they were best friends. Everyone I worked with knew how close those two were and made comments how nice it was for a brother and sister to love each other that much.

The shock and horror of losing my son was more than words can discribe, my daughter taking his loss the hardest among his siblings had a very difficult time dealing with his death.

My daughter lost about 40 pounds over the next 2 months, and ended up in intense emotional break down. She only weighed 140 pounds to begin with so this was very noticable. She made several attempts to return to work but she was having so much trouble accepting his loss and just needed more time.

More time is not something Americredit was willing to give. She went into work one day called me at home to tell me she wasn't able to handle sitting at the phone all day and felt she needed even more time, I had already quit my job with plans to re-hire there at a later date, when I also could cope with the loss of my son. I told her to go to her AVP, the manager of her department and explain she too needed to give a notice so that when the time came that she could do her job she would be also able to be re-hired.

Well, she was simply terminated!

She called Americredit a couple of months later, after counceling and being able to put her grief in a place that would allow her to move forward and she made several calls to HR about coming back to work. FINALLY, the HR manager was in her office, she never did call her back, and advised my daughter that after a committee meeting it had been decided that she was not going to be re employeed.

My son lost his life at war in Iraq and because it cause such a horrible impact on my family and my daughter, she lost her job. No concideration from this company that a young man had died at war, not in a car accident, not from an illness, not from natural causes, but at war for this country!

Not only did my daughter lose her job, there wasn't the first acknowledgement from the corporate office to myself over the loss of my son.

I contacted the corporate office two weeks ago after the thought of the horrible treatment my daughter recieved and the lack of concern from that office. Today I recieved a letter from the corporate office extending condolences over my loss, my son has been gone a year two weeks and three days and I received condolences today. They went on to say that they reviewed my concerns with my call center and the center felt they had done all they could to accommidate myself and my daughter. It is sad to think that this is how they feel, accepting no responsiblity with the callous actions they gave my daughter.

I have no recourse, Americredit has the right to hire and fire at will, when people ask me about ACF I tell them what I have just told you and go on to say, My son gave his life for this country and my daughter lost her job because of it.

It makes me sad and laugh at the same time to think of the name of this company, AMERI-Credit and its logo is red, white, and blue.

Again, I cannot beg for her job back, which she sorely needs since she supports a 2 1/2 year old daughter, but I too have an in house car loan for my car and I have called Americredit to come repo it. I am sure this will be done, there is little doubt in my mind Americredit will recoupe its loss, however my family cannot recoupe the loss we have to bear. Nor has Americredit made it any easier for my daughter to move forward.

Summer
STATESVILLE, North Carolina

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Americredit Auto Financial Services

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2006 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maericredit-Financial-Corporation-ACF/Statesville-North-Carolina-28677/Americredit-Financial-Corporation-ACF-Heartless-to-employees-Very-Sad-ripoff-Statesville-N-188884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maericredit Financial Corporation ACF

I am so very sorry for your loss

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

Let me first extend my sympathy to you and to your family for your loss. Your son gave the supreme sacrifice and I for one appreciate what all the servicemen and women do for our wonderful country. I also am a wife of a soldier.

I cant speak from the standpoint of an employee of Americredit, but I sure do know how bad they treat their customers and how they will not work with you at all. The higher you go in the chain of command the worse they treat you. I do know from experience that Americredit does not appreciate or respect our service men and women.
I know that first hand. Our nightmare began when we tried to get the reduced interest rate under SCRA and everything went down hill from there.

I do agree that they should take the Ameri part out of their name. I have dealt with alot of companies and this is the worst one that I personally have had dealings with. Seems as if their employees mean as little to them as their customers.

God BLess you and your family and one day Americredit will get what is coming to them.
They are allowed to get by with treatment like this and that is why we have to keep telling about our dealings with this unscrupulous company and maybe the Attorney General will wake up one day and smell the coffee.

Once again I am so very sorry for your loss.