Complaint Review: Magazine Direct

• Updated: Tue, June 17, 2014

• Reported By: Dee-Em — California
Magazine Direct
Nationwide USA

Magazine Direct Subscribed me to magazine order with OUT my permission and attempted to charge me Nationwide

I have no idea how they got my info but they have my name, number, address and a credit card on file.  luckily that credit card was lost and i cancelled before they can charge it.  They still call me once and a while asking me if i want to renew my subscription.  I recieved magazines for a while and had NO number to call or website or even the name of the company because everytime i attempted to cancel they immediately hung up on me.  I recently recieved another call and discovered their name and found them on here.  They claim i had a 5 year subscritption thats ending soon and ask me to renew and for a new credit card however I dont want to give them one.

at this point they've been sending me magazines but i have NOT made ANY payments and i am completely unable to cancel the magazines without providing a valid credit card.  Im hoping they dont have something that ties me to the subscription and end up charging me 500+ dollars.

Any suggestins on what i should do??  anyting helps thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2014 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Direct/nationwide/Magazine-Direct-Subscribed-me-to-magazine-order-with-OUT-my-permission-and-attempted-to-c-1155542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Direct