Complaint Review: Magazine Publishers Service

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Marc — Calgary Alberta
Magazine Publishers Service
Branch Place D'armes, PO. Box 187 Montreal, Quebec Canada

Magazine Publishers Service Canada Mags Magazine Publishers Company Not reasonable when it comes to voiding subscription. Montreal, Quebec Canada

I received a call in April 2013 about a magazine subscription fron the above mentioned company and I got caught up in all the sales pitch. I received the invoice in the mail and then reality hit me that i committed to paying $690.00 for a year.

I called the toll free number to cancel my subscription and was told that the cancelation period was passed. I explained that the invoice arrived after the date, and was told that I could have gone on the internet and cancelled. I was reminded that I agreed to a contract on the phone for the subscription.
I was willing to accept a penalty for the cancellation but was told that i  would still have to pay  about $550.00, due to the company pre payment for said magazines. I find that a bit harsh and unacceptable.
I can purchase an item in a retail store and return it if I am not satisfied but for a magazine subscription which was done company to company via emails or virtual commerce all that i am getting is less that a 10% relief.

The individual i spoke to was very adamant that I agreed to the subscription and that there was nothing else that they could do.

People make mistakes but we should not be punished to this extent for them. I feel like i am being forced to make these payments with no way out.

Has anyone been able to cancel ?
Lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Publishers-Service/Montreal-Quebec-H2Y-3G7/Magazine-Publishers-Service-Canada-Mags-Magazine-Publishers-Company-Not-reasonable-when-it-1046117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Publishers Service