chlorine

Magazine Publishers Service
Branche Place D'armes, PO Box 187 Montreal, Quebec United States of America

Magazine Publishers Service Will not VOID our agreement Montreal, Quebec

*General Comment: similar situation

In Novemeber 2012 I received a call soliciting magazines. I was interested and gave approval to debit my credit card. In return I was to receive a free gift prior to Christmas and 4 magazine subscriptions.

In December I received an "Order Confirmation and Agreement" letter as a receipt and a form to mail back for the "free gift". I sent the form back the day I received it. Also in this letter was the statement that I had 10 days to cancel my order. Unfortunately this arrived after the 10 day window.

On my December credit card bill was a larger amount than I had agreed to. I immediately wrote a letter to Magazine Publishers Service stating that this broke our contract/agreement. I also gave a copy of this letter to my bank and sent an email to Magazine Publishers Service. I cancelled my credit card.

In response to my email I was informed that because I did not cancel my agreement with in the 10 day window I owe Magazine Publishers Service 90% of the total balance. I was also informed that a second call had been made to me to verify the order, the address and to answer any questions; this call was recorded. Unfortunately the recorded call was the first one I received and there was no second/confirmation call.

I responded to the email by informing them of what I remembered. In the next email I was told there is a "no refund" policy and my service would not be cancelled.

I responded by informing Customer service I had received 2 phone calls in this matter and stood firm that the agreement is "void". The response to this was that this was not a 2nd phone call ... I can count! I sent one further email standing my ground that "they" tried to overcharge me, thus voiding our agreement and that I would not be in further contact by email.

I have received phone calls on January 14, January 15, January 17, January 24, and today January 29. This is in my opinion harassment. I do not use foul language or a raised voice when this company calls, but I do tell the caller I do not believe I have an account with them as they broke our agreement.  To date I have refused every item received from them and will continue to do so. No Product = No Payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Publishers-Service/Montreal-Quebec-H2Y-3G7/Magazine-Publishers-Service-Will-not-VOID-our-agreement-Montreal-Quebec-1005618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Publishers Service

#1 General Comment

similar situation

AUTHOR: Marc - ()

I am also from Alberta and in the same situation. April 2013 was when they got me. I have tried to cancel and got the same response. I have checked with Service Alberta , Consumer Information and was told the Fair Trade Act does not apply since it was over the phone.

I am interested to know if you have resolved your predicament?

I've seemed to have run out of options.