Complaint Review: Magazine Publishers Service

• Submitted: Fri, November 23, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Disgusted — Gatineau Quebec Canada
Magazine Publishers Service
Branch Place D'Armes, PO Box 187, Montreal PQ H2Y Internet United States of America

Magazine Publishers Service Company did not provide the magazines I paid for even after repeated telephone calls and emails. Internet

Magazine Publishers Service contacted me by phone to offer magazines which I would pay in  a one year suscription but be entitled to a  three year subcription for 3 magazines. I took the subscription which was to be paid at $34.50 US for a one year period, using my Mastercard to make the payments.

The payments started to come out of my account in March but I did not receive the magazines until May. I phone to complain when I did not receive the three magazines promised. I was assured the other 2 would be coming. I received two Style at Home, one Elle Canada and one Reader's Digest. I phoned again and was assured the other were coming. In May, I gave them my change of address which would take effect in July. In July, I phoned to inquire about my magazines and was told my magazines had been returned. I once again gave them my address and phoned the local post office to inquire why the mags. had been returned. I phoned again in August and was told the correct address was on file and that the magazines would be received. I was also told that I could not cancel my subscription. I phoned again in late August and was told that my change of address would only take place in November. I was again informed not to worry that the magazines would be sent and I would receive all the contracted months. In November, I sent twos emails and received proforma replies to both. I contacted Mastercard a day later to block my account and request a refund for all the payments made. On that same day, when searching on the internet, I had found several posts about Magazines Publishers Service. All the posts referred to the company as a scam, a ripoff and a fraud.

Who is responsible?  Me for believing in the company. I did go on line at the time of the subscription but only read interesting about the company. I was bullied into believing it was my fault for the wrong change of address and into waiting it out.
With all the info on the net that I have now found after doing searches, I blame Mastercard for facilitating this company to take my hard earned money. I am sending letters to Mastercard and the magazine companies who are associated to this scam.
I want a refund from Mastercard and an explanation for facilitating this scam. I know that I am not the first customer to complain.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Publishers-Service/internet/Magazine-Publishers-Service-Company-did-not-provide-the-magazines-I-paid-for-even-after-r-972892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Publishers Service