Complaint Review: Magazine Readers Service Center

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: Denise A. — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Magazine Readers Service Center
P.O. Box 557156 Miami, Florida United States of America

Magazine Readers Service Center Took $59.80 to renew Readers Digest subscription in April 2009; after many calls, still no mag. or refund. Miami, Florida

In Februrary of 2009 I received an invoice from Magazine Readers Service billing me for renewing my Readers Digest magazine subscriptions.  I assumed that it was from Readers Digest and paid the $59.80.

A couple of months later, I received a notice from REaders Digest that my subscriptions were expiring.  I called them and they had no record of a payment being made and told me that Magazine Readers Service was not one of their approved vendors, so I located the old invoice and called the number.  It was very difficult getting someone to answer the phone.  Anyway, I finally did reach someone (who answered the phone with "hello", as you would for a residence, not a business).  The person said that they had submitted the order to Publishers Communication System, and that I would be receiving the magazines soon.

Of course, months later, I had received no magazine, so I made a point to call every month.  Each time I was told that they were sorry for the delay, they would resubmit the order, and the subscription was on its way.  Finally I just requested a refund.   In June I received a letter saying that my refund was being processed.  It is now November, and there has been no refund.  The telephone just rings busy whenever I call the number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Readers-Service-Center/Miami-Florida-33155-7156/Magazine-Readers-Service-Center-Took-5980-to-renew-Readers-Digest-subscription-in-April-658097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Readers Service Center