Complaint Review: Magazine Service Center And Video Professor

• Updated: Tue, January 28, 2003

• Reported By:pemberton New Jersey
Magazine Service Center And Video Professor
, Connecticut U.S.A.

Magazine Service Center & Video Professor fraudulent charges ripoff business Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: I was ripped off by the Video Professor scheme also

I ordered some cd's from Video Professor and was offered FREE magazines to try out. I was not told that this was a subscribtion and did not authorise Video Professor to subscribe me to any type of recurring charges from a third party. Apparently they (Video Professor) gave my credit card information to Magazine Service Center who almost a year later charged my account for these "subscriptions" for which i never placed orders. I have no idea h*e to contact Magazine Service Center as the only number I have is linked to a computer system which doesn't allow you to speak with a representative. These cgharges are fraudulent and so was Video professors' actions.

Marvin
pemberton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2003 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Service-Center-And-Video-Professor/Connecticut/Magazine-Service-Center-Video-Professor-fraudulent-charges-ripoff-business-Connecticut-43080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Service Center And Video Professor

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I was ripped off by the Video Professor scheme also

AUTHOR: Colleen - (U.S.A.)

I also purchased the Video Professor last year and received them without issue ,or so I thought , just last week I was checking my bank balance online and there was a $139.95 charge to my checking account that I had no knowledge of .

I called the number which was listed as the company that made the withdrawl it was called "Homeworks Plus" and when I phoned the number provided the person who answered told me it was from the Video professor discs I had purchased a year before . She said that when I purchased the discs that I agreed to a program called "Smart Source " and that the $139.95 dollars was the amount they were charging me to continue the service .

I informed this woman that I had not permitted this charge , nor did I have any knowledge of what this program even was .

I was told it was a gift certificate service , whatever that is .

Anyhow I was refunded my money with many apoligies and was told that they would no longer have access to my number .

I just wanted to let people know that this is happening up to a year after your original purchase date of the Video Professor and BEWARE