Complaint Review: Magazine Service Center

• Updated: Mon, October 31, 2011

• Reported By: Suzie Smith — ORLANDO Florida United States of America
Magazine Service Center
P.O. BOX 48882 Coon Rapids, Minnesota United States of America

Magazine Service Center THOUGHT WE WERE BUYING GASOLINE, INSTEAD BOUGHT $1197.60 WORTH OF MAGAZINES Coon Rapids, Minnesota

10/20/11
My husband, who is disabled and collecting Social Security, received a phone call from Magazine Service Center. They offered him a $30 worth of gasoline for $5 which he agreed to purchase. This part of the conversation was not recorded by MSC. The confirmation was recorded by MSC and it was spoken as fast as an auctioneer and my husband did confirm. When we saw the bank statement of $49.90 withdrawal for MSC I tried to call the 800 number on the statement but it no longer existed so we cancelled the card. A bill arrived for $1000.00 from MSC with the companys address and phone number. The address is PO Box 48882 Coon Rapids, MN 55448 and the phone # is 800-972-6520. I called and spoke with the manager (Jerry) and told him my husband purchased gasoline and would never purchase magazines because he does not read. Jerry stated I have him on a recorded confirmation and I said I wanted to hear it. I listened to it at least 5 times and could not understand it because it was spoken so fast as if an auctioneer was speaking. I asked Jerry what was stated in the confirmation so I could write it down. I could finally hear what was stated in the confirmation and it had nothing to do with gasoline. The confirmation was about $1197.60 worth of magazines. When I told him that my husband was disabled and could not possibly understand this confirmation Jerry said Thats not my problem. I was hoping that this company could be investigated because it is obviously a scam. If other people complain then they could be investigated. I have listed organizations and phone numbers.
Attorney General Economics Division: Depends on what state.
Department of Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
Federal Trade Commission: 877-382-4357

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2011 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Magazine-Service-Center/Coon-Rapids-Minnesota-55448/Magazine-Service-Center-THOUGHT-WE-WERE-BUYING-GASOLINE-INSTEAD-BOUGHT-119760-WORTH-OF-793691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Magazine Service Center